Making A Recovery Partition With Windows 7 Plus Recovery Disc(Advice)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by TECHNOMAN, Feb 9, 2010.

1. spacednow

spacednow MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    On original topic Easeus Todo backup is free and works well. They have a free partition tool that works good also.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. dbc1965

dbc1965 MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2010
    Thanks All

What i done was re-installed xp fixing partition first. Reload win 7 with all drivers download easyboot follow advise from above post. Everything seems to be working on pre boot screen it comes up win 7 (recover) allowing win 7 to start normal. Last step daz 1.9 loader unchecked ignore oem activate. Hoping everything I've done is correct please let me know if could have done different. MDL is so awesome I'm a 45 years old newbie this goes to show you can teach old dogs new tricks (lol)

3. spacednow

spacednow MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Hang around. there are allot of things they can teach us newbies.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. AnarethoS

AnarethoS MDL Expert

Jul 31, 2009
    I did my own tool with ImageX and WinPE (Vista based)

First, I create 3 partition (Boot, Recovery, Windows)
    I make the "Boot" partition bootable
    Then I install Windows on the Windows partition
    Then I install my WinPE tools on the Recovery partition (WIM file and ramdisk SDI file on the Recovery partition + some scripts)
    To backup/restore, I select an option I made in the boot loader to boot WinPE
    From there, I can do an ImageX to capture/restore Windows.
    Since this doesn't touch the boot loader (on a seperate Boot partition) activation with Daz loader stil works :)

5. michaelong

michaelong MDL Novice

Aug 20, 2010
    link is dead, thanks for uploading.

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  7. Hyson

Hyson MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2012
    I just found brianleejackson's blog address diverted to hxxp://scottsdalecomputing.com/sysprep-a-windows-7-machine-start-to-finish-v2/, let me update the links:)