Making virtual bios

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Stannieman, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    This has nothing to do with modding a bios.
    But you may know that WAT is coming and maybe it will detect loaders and even bios mods.
    If there's a slic from a loader and WAT reads bios data it can see if it's valid or not, and if it reads the bios it can even compare it with a list of known oem bioses if MS is willing to go so far.
    Now I had an idea:
    We all are using virtual cd drives for ages, and actualy they are just drivers that emulate a virtual cd drive.
    I think windows has a bios driver (it apears in device manager => system devices) which it needs to acces the bios, right?
    My idea was to replace that driver with a custom driver that emulates a virtual bios (a backup of a real valid oem bios).
    If WAT now reads bios data it actually reads the data fom the virtual bios and if this is the correct one for your slic that the loader or biosmod placed in memory then WAT will think you're on a real oem system. Whatever data it will eventually send to MS servers comes from the virtual bios then.

Do you see the point?
    But now the question: Can it actually be done to emulate a bios?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. hwzone

hwzone MDL Novice

Feb 16, 2010
    it's has been done with paradox (1st) vista crack

3. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    ah..
    ok thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...