Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.00.0.1000

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by ian82, Mar 24, 2014.

1. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    #1 ian82, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Now, this is good and useful news ian82 :D

3. LEGGYMAMBO

LEGGYMAMBO MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2014
    You can still purchase a lifetime licence for the price of the annual subscription at this link:

h*t*t*ps://store.malwarebytes.org/342/?scope=checkout&cart=29945 (delete the *'s - had to do it this way as don't have enought posts to post a link)

Initially it will come up with the annual licence, but delete most of line and just keep:

h*t*t*ps://store.malwarebytes.org (again delete the *'s)

and it then says lifetime licence :)

4. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    not seeing that here.

5. Dark Knight

Dark Knight MDL Senior Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Been waiting for this to get out of beta.

First thing I noticed is that the UI is bigger and very cumbersome as compared to the old version and it cannot be resized. Is this antimalware for the vision impaired?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. LEGGYMAMBO

LEGGYMAMBO MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2014
    Strange. I've managed to purchase tonight an unlimited licence using the method I did at the time of posting.

Just tried again using the method above and no longer working. I guess they've fixed it now.

7. WIKIMACK

WIKIMACK MDL Expert

Nov 10, 2011
    hi

if you want PM me

WIKI:D

8. Leslie_Coffelt

Leslie_Coffelt MDL Member

Feb 6, 2014
    I see this has the same build date (3/5/2014) as the beta. No matter, for MBAM is one program I insist on using on all my Windows installations.

I don't care for the larger pop-up notification, wish for the smaller size. I know I can turn it off, but don't want to do that.

Nice to see earlier versions can be updated, no matter how they were obtained. (You can read into that what you will).

9. cocachris89

cocachris89 MDL Senior Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Id like to see mbam release a live cd version and im not talking about putting it on BartPE. It could be really handy for people.

10. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #10 pisthai, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
    Malwarebytes is maybe a great application for both Windows and also Android. It's simple to use on both platform! But i has an drawback: Resource consumption!

If you install Malwarebytes as real-time scanner and you realize loss of responsiveness, which you will for sure(!), on both Windows and Android. On Android and Smartphones as well as Windows mobile devices (Laptops, Tablet, Phones) it will also have a quite huge effect on the Battery life-time!

Now you've only 2 way for to solve that problem: un-install Malwarebytes in total, or, disable the Real-Time protection. Later use will need manual scanning otherwise you'll not have any protection.

Personally, I don't like Malwarebytes. I had it installed for testing on one machine and faced quite a bit of problems to get rid of it again. More than 600 entries in the registry were left after manual uninstalling using both Regedit and Registra Registry Manager Pro which took more than 2 top complete. Also was need manually delete some files left on the C-Drive under Users, ProgramData, Progarm Files!

As I use CureIT once a month for to full scan all my machine, which also scans for Malware, I don't need an other apps installed which I would need to have to set to manual use too! The system (complete LAN) is anyway protected with Smothwall in real time 24/7 and the use of CureIT is for normally not needed, it's just for to be 100% sure instead of 99+%!

11. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    This is why I use solely the on-demand fashion.

12. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Passive detection solutions - no so good!!!

Let's face it. AV solutions of any class or brand can't cope with malware writers' fast pace. Pro-active solutions must be used, sandbox and HIPS style solutions could defend machines quite effectively. For instance, we have Sandboxie and DefenseWall, they don't need firm signatures, they're a total different approach on security concerns.