Manually Extract OEM Cert with using tools like SLIC 3.2. Lenovo X220 W7 Pro

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Cesspool, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Cesspool

Cesspool MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2011
    #1 Cesspool, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
    Sorry, Subject title is incorrect...I meant "Manaully Extract OEM Cert withOUT using tools like SLIC 3.2."

Hello All,

First Post, so please be kind... I did do a search for information on how to manually extracting OEM Cert, but still a little confused on how to go about doing so. (i.e. search but for Vista //forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/144-How-do-i-extract-my-OEM-cert (sorry, can't link anything quite yet with 1 post under my belt)).

I've just ordered a dozen Lenovo X220 with W7 Pro. We don't have VLK setup yet at this point, so we have to proceed with creating images with a clean install from the W7 OEM DVD. I have used tools like SLIC and ABR to backup/restore the OEM Cert/Key for testing. I'm just curious...if I need to do this manually without these tools, how do I go about doing it with a Lenovo OEM build? Extracting OEM Cert, restoring the OEM cert to a clean install...etc.

There are a wealth of information on this forum and I have been learning a lot for everybody for the last 6Hrs, so Thanks for all the informative posts!

Cess

2. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...