manually find the drivers that need to be updated

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by avi smile, Nov 3, 2015.

1. avi smile

avi smile MDL Junior Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Hi there

my computer started to slow down so i got a few recommendations what to do, one of them was to make sure all the drivers are up-to-date,

my question is how do i check if the driver is out of date manually, without any program, (the PC is not connected to the internet so no program will work)

and how do i get the latest drivers from a different computer that IS connected to the internet?

i'm asking for win 7/8.1/10

thanks in advance

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. James Titan

James Titan MDL Member

Nov 7, 2013
    i use "driver navigator", perfect , of course internet connected.

3. avi smile

Mar 1, 2015
    thanks but i asked
    and i also don't have internet on that computer:rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    If Your PC has started to slow down and it's not connected to the Internet I'd have doubts that the cause is outdated drivers. Have You defragged the HDD lately ?? Are you nearing 85% of the capacity of the HDD ?? Used CCleaner to clear out the PC ?? Updated Defender and Malwarebytes definitions and run full scans ??
    Since You posted to the Forum it means You have Internet access somewhere. So if You have a spare USB drive You can download a program like Speccy that'll tell You what hardware is in Your offline PC. Then You can search for updated drivers with the Internet connected PC. Download them to the USB drive and install them from it to the offline PC.

5. avi smile

Mar 1, 2015
    thanks for the tips in the first part.:cool:

about the second part
    i do have internet on a different PC as i wrote in my first post
    where should i search the drivers for the hardware i have? and/or how do i see if the drivers are outdated in the first place?

thanks agian:biggrin:

6. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
  7. avi smile

Mar 1, 2015
  8. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
  9. avi smile

Mar 1, 2015
  10. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    #10 Bat.1, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  11. avi smile

Mar 1, 2015
    Could someone please help me find the correct driver for me "Gensys Logic" USB3 card reader.

I tried figuring out the model#, to search on the manufacturers site, but no luck.

The hardware id is, USB\VID_05E3&PID_0732&REV_0551

Thank.

12. avi smile

Mar 1, 2015
  13. erpsterm35

erpsterm35 MDL Expert

May 27, 2013
    what kind of computer do you have (make & model)?
    the "original" location may not have the proper driver for your card reader device as the Driveridentifier site lists many different drivers for that device. you will just have to try out different drivers until you find the one that works.

14. avi smile

Mar 1, 2015
    Windows 8.1, Gigabyte GA-P85-D3 (rev. 1.x)

I just wanted to inform yo before hand that i already have the driver, windows update supplied it to me, but i still want to find the original site in order to download the driver and not need windows update for that as i can't always rely on windows update

Thanks