Massive bluescreen at boot, please help!?!!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by pawgod, Apr 11, 2013.

1. pawgod

pawgod MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2013
    im sorry for the caps but i need help so badly and i dont know what to do :'(
    my computer turned off after the power went out all of a sudden yesterday, and today when i woke up and turn it on i got bluesceen, i couldnt even get to safe mode (it bluescreens before i get there even), so after hours i tried the following to maybe fix it:
    -i tried doing a system restore from the recovery console but it failed and said it could not continue and said its because of an antivirus blocking it, so....
    -i removed the avast system drivers using DaRT, but system restore didnt work still
    -i removed the o&o diskimage driver using DaRT, i thought maybe it was the cause of it, but nothing
    -using DaRT i removed the stpd driver on my system (it came from alcohol 120% i think maybe) because the blue screen said the problem was from it
    -after i removed the sptd driver with DaRT now it gives me this error: (i had to write this down by hand)

*** STOP: 0:0000007B (0x80786B58, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

i havent messed with any drivers since last year so it cant be from that either, all i did in this past week was: uninstall o&o diskimage, install the Microsoft Debugger, the win7 symbol files for the debugger, HDD Regenerator, Josh Cell's network monitor software, ExactAudioCopy and CDex, and yeah thats it really, nothing serious really

i did a SFC file scan with DaRT but it said nothing was missing, i even rebuilt the MBR and ran chkdsk twice but nothing :'( please guys help me, i cant do a clean install because i have so many things on my laptop and my external harddrive got formatted and i need to recover data on it so i cant risk overwritting anything on it, please help me out, im desperate and ive googled everything but nothing, ive spent all day trying to fix this since i woke up and im about to cry now because i cant do anything anymore :'(

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Have you changed the AHCI settings?? That stop code means Windows can't access the boot device.

3. pawgod

pawgod MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2013
    no not at all :eek: the most ive ever done with the bios is change the time and make it boot from usb, how do i fix it then? please hlep me, please :'(

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  5. pawgod

pawgod MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2013
    but i already did a chkdsk using the one from a WinPE (wondershare's liveboot to be precise), its the same like the one HirensBootCD does, it wont help :/ if its an AHCI setting or a problem like that can i get instruction on how to fix it? please man, please! :(

6. pawgod

pawgod MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2013
    i have to do it in that order? first use the recovery console to fix then do a system restore? i already did it about 20 times before and it didnt work >.< the system restore on the recovery console is practically useless because it just gives out errors when its almost done >.< is there any other way? in the end of my original post i said that i cant do a clean install....or do a backup right now, so thats sorta out of thje question :/

edit: so i re enable that stpd driver now? which one then?

7. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    u can do a backup with a live linux cd easy.. but programs wont be backed up.. reisntal them
    most program settings are in the c:\users\username\appdata\ either roaming or local

8. pawgod

pawgod MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2013
    ill try to keep that in mind next time, it says on their page that i need to have the XP CD to make it and i dont have one of those anymore >_< how does it help? does it fix the AHCI thing @Tito was speaking about automatically? i wish i had UBCD4WIN right now instead of Wondershare Liveboot so badly right now >.<
    and i cant copy my things away from my computer... my only external hard drive might get its data overwritten... as its formatted right now and i need to do data recovery for it

9. pawgod

pawgod MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2013
    ANYONE!?! i just changed the settings in the bios for AHCI and set it from "Auto" to "Manual" and when i did that it showed me another menu and i set its mode to "compatible" but when i restared it i got a bluescreen still Dx im begging you guys, please, my life is on my computer, i cant let it go now ;(

10. pawgod

pawgod MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2013
    Tito can you please come back to this thread, you seemed to know what the issue was but then you vanished, please man come back D; im begging you

11. steven4554

steven4554 MDL Expert

Jul 12, 2009
    #11 steven4554, Apr 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Sound like your boot sector is corrupt, which is why no recovery tools will help you. The only way to repair this is by using the Windows 7 disc, and click on Repair Computer, then command prompt. Type this into the cmd prompt:-

Code:
    bootrec.exe /fixboot
    This should replace the boot sector with a new boot sector, and 7 should boot normally.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...