Master key needed for packard bell

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by Michel, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    I tried to install my old recover disk that came with my laptop but for some reason it says i need to enter a master key :wassat:.

1. What is that ?
    2. Why i am asked for this while i always used that disc before without needing that key

I am using a Packard Bell Easynote W8934

2. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    did you delete the recovery partition then? or are the recovery discs you have a fully copy... can you confirm what steps you took toget the prompt for master key?

3. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Can't you just install anything else on it? Will be less troubles

sebus

4. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    I put in the recovery disk like i always do, it tries to boot and it says i need to enter a master key which i don't have. The recovery disk is 100% a legit windows xp home edition with all the extra software on it how this laptop came when i bought it.

Yes i did, i installed a retail version of windows xp home edition and entered the oem-cao key under my notebook which activated perfectly. I really want to know why i need to enter a master key to get access to my recover disk.

5. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    have a look under the laptop, you should find a serial number, try that. if not call packard bell and obtain it over the phone, buts its usually the serial number...

6. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    Most likely another level of protection (why?)

You could most likely re-do the disk & remove this check (but is it worth the time?)

The key would be supplied with machine or like NICK@NUMBER11 said, phone them (but is it worth the time?)

sebus

7. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    The serial number works on a retail disc but for some reason the recovery disk wont work. :D. Anyway i thought this Master Key was a known one but i guess it's not, let this topic die since i don't need it anymore :cheers:.

@ Sebus, nah it's not worth the time at all.

= Thanks all for the help =