MB received back from repair with original unmodded bios

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by jpl327, Mar 13, 2010.

1. jpl327

jpl327 MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2010
    I got my MB back from ASUS with the original bios installed ver 1604. The MB is an ASUS M2A-VM HDMI. Prior to the failure I had been using bios rev 2302 with a 2.1 SLIC (HP). I had flashed the bios and was using it for about six weeks before the MB wouldn't boot. The repair indcated that the "bios" chip had to be replaced. I want to flash it again to the factory 2302 bios because I'm having hardware problems now. My question is should I just go ahead and flash it with the same modded bios I used before or stick to the unmodded bios from the ASUS website?

2. nash58

nash58 MDL Member

Feb 8, 2010
    My suggestion is update to the latest bios ver from asus website and see how it goes. If stability is maintained, then download again the SLIC 2.1 and flash with modded bios if u are adventurous enough.

Make sure u know how to recover the bios if the flashing failed.

3. jpl327

jpl327 MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2010
    Thanks for the input. I was leaning toward that but I just wanted to hear it from someone else. I think the chip just went bad. I can't see it being the mod if it worked o.k. for six weeks, still I think I'll leave it alone after I flash from the ASUS site. I'm already back up and running Win 7 using Daz's loader.