MBR Regenerator - The Professional Windows Fix Tool

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by Josh Cell, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Mister Fixit

Mister Fixit MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2012
  2. Paiva

Paiva MDL Developer

Apr 9, 2011
    If the version 1.9.7 Funcines well not need to do anything because it is activated.

I downloaded version 2.1 and is working well.

Must be some problem on your network to download the version 2.1
    (accusing some antivirus false positive)

Regards,

3. JaszAndre

JaszAndre MDL Novice

Apr 3, 2011
    Hi, I'm trying to use MBR Regenerator 4.5 (as admin) but I have this problem when pressing the "Start Regeneration System" button:

"MBR Regenerator-The Professional Windows Fix Tool stopped working"

and the report shows this problem: CLR20r3

Any idea about what's happening? Thanks in advance. By the way, My system is Win 7 Ultimate X86. (build 7600)

4. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    In fact, this error is caused by an problem in the Windows common files problems....

In an next release, I'll remove some required files for kill this error.

The solution is reinstall the Windows.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. LOQUILLO

LOQUILLO MDL Novice

Jan 7, 2012
    Esta herramienta me ha salvado de unos grandes problemas, muchos de ellos me ha evitado formatear y reinstalar el windows.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Yep, cool...

Please write the next post in English language, is the universal communication platform here :D

7. xcal

xcal MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2012
    Hey.. I used this tool and I have found myself with new problems. Firstly after using this it seemed like it has fixed everything.. I used WOAT 3.2 to activate windows as well and all was set. Downloaded MS Security Essentials and thought its all sorted, but then MS Security Essentials and later tdsskiller found a trojan DOS/Alureon.E, its removal required reboot but to much of my frustration after restart MS Essentials again found same trojan but in a different item (related to partition/volumes).
    ex 1:
    boot:\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE0\Partition1 (Type 17)
    ex 2:
    Items:
    boot:\Device\HarddiskVolume2
    boot:\Device\HarddiskVolume2\

When I looked more into it I realized there was a new 1mb partition created as well. So, I removed that partition and on next scan trojan was removed as well. After reboot this problem was seemingly gone for good.

But, now windows shows it has 29 days of activation left, where as on MS website it says windows is genuine. When i tried to use WOAT 3.2 to reactivate windows 7 ultimate it was done successfully but properties in my computer still shows 29 days left in activation status.

So, firstly (I hope not but I am curious) is this tool actually creating trojan for remote access? because I found something on these lines on google when I looked up trojan in question. And secondly, why was this 1 mb partition created?

I have made entries on WOAT thread and someone advised me to use this tool, again thankfully it did what I needed (repair slmgr.vbs and let me activate windows) however now I am in new set of issues. Can you please help me so I can actually resolve this issue for good..

many thanks :)

8. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    1 - MBR Regenerator not have ANY TROJAN;
    2 - MBR Regenerator doesn't have any Remote Access;
    3 - MBR Regenerator not creates 1MB Partition;
    4 - MBR Regenerator not touch on SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION;
    5 - If you've downloaded the application from my site, IT'S NOT HAVE ANY INFECTION;
    6 - I'm a QUALIFIED and AWARDED SOFTWARE Developer on the world scale, My applications has been released on PCPraxis Magazine, CT'DVD, Heise, and others.
    7 - I'm a QUALIFIED SOFTWARE DEVELOPER on MDL Forums.
    8 - Your computer has been infected BEFORE ran OF MBR Regenerator, if you've downloaded from my site.
    9 - Your report is the 1ST with "Trojan" questions.

9. xcal

xcal MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2012
    I can answer you in bullets and refute most, but I'd not draw into your so personal and totally contradictory approach to your claims of being 'awarded software developer'.
    C'mon I only presented my issue that clearly happened after using your tool, latest version and from your site. I am a web developer for past 8 years or so, and I have not once reacted in such personal manner as you have just because I questioned how secure your tool/script is after encountering a frustrating annoying issue!
    Why not try to help me since you are a 'qualified and awarded developer'? Clearly my intentions are not to blame you or anyone else for suggesting me to use this. I have infact thanked you for resolving my initial issue with slmgr.vbs on this post and on my post on other thread as well! But if after using this tool I see some changes and trojan presence in my system, what am I suppose to do? stop logging on this site and use google again? I presumed you are a developer to say the least regardless being awarded or not! and that is why I came back to seek your help with your tool that you have created and about something that I know very little or nothing as compared to you!

So, may I request you to look into my full post and help me if you can rather than going in self defense mode and shouting out loud who you are and what you have achieved! I only had one thing in mind before I come here, to save my time and my resources. And then I was full of praise for this tool and WOAT for activation, until I encountered new set of issues!

I hope we can act a little professional or maybe as developers and actually provide some help that I am looking for than taking my questions personal. However, if you can't help me, then maybe I can understand why!!

Oh and as for infection before MBR Regen. well it is not possible because it was fresh installation on that HDD.

If you believe this is not because of your tool, I am more than willing to re-run it on this machine that I chose not to after having doubts raised in my mind. But will that resolve my issue? and if not or maybe there is another solution, can you please tell me how to go about it? (that is all I was asking for in my first post on your thread)!

maybe a little help can do me nicely! :)

10. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
  11. xcal

xcal MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2012
    Thanks for your reply again.. I totally believe what you are saying. But I needed to resolve my issue hence I'm here. I'll try fixing MBR again with your tool and see if same happens (hopefully not). Will keep you updated

12. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Solved all download links problems.

13. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    Well you didn't need to quote the whole first post and make us scroll down just to read one row of thanks. :) It's true though. I'm always using it whenever I have trouble with windows activation.

14. CORattler

CORattler MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2012
    What a lifesaver! It worked slick and smooth with no errors. Resolved the issue perfectly. Many, many thanks! :worthy:

15. ovos

ovos MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2012
    Win 7 Ent 64bit

this doesn't work for me i can't open the options menu, click and click and nothing the credits work fine.. then if e don't do nothing just let the program open the blue "load" bar is slowly gettin bigger, i don't spend time enough to see it reach the middle as it is much time consuming and i don't know what that really does...
    If i decide do press Start Regeneration System, it just says in the black screen, starting reneration system, the load bar starts running and i can wait for forever cuz nothing happens..

Please anyone help and tell me what am i missing..

Thank you

16. mamister

mamister MDL Novice

Jul 11, 2010
    Disable SFC.

Hi may i know is there a way to disable the SFC check?

17. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    For what reason?? :confused:

18. mamister

mamister MDL Novice

Jul 11, 2010
    Just wondering is there a option for it, it takes about 20 mins in my machine. maybe a box to tick and untick? :D