MBR Regenerator - The Professional Windows Fix Tool

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by Josh Cell, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Disable the SFC scan on options button...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sirfranny

sirfranny MDL Novice

Sep 18, 2009
    thanks. think im gonna need this. updated bios and lost genuine.

3. kosamja

kosamja MDL Junior Member

Apr 21, 2012
    Doesnt work

Doesn't work for me even if I run it as administrator and turn off antivirus protection. :(
    Any solution for this problem?

4. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    What the exact problem? The app not open an window?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mamister

mamister MDL Novice

Jul 11, 2010
    Sorry, i don't seem to see a option to disable SFC.

6. kosamja

kosamja MDL Junior Member

Apr 21, 2012
    Sorry for not answering

Sorry, I forgot about this question. MBR regenerator opens and I click Start regeneration system (regenerate all activation system is checked). After 20 minutes computer reboots, but nothing happens (black screen and invalid key are not removed).

7. MogliXX

MogliXX MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2010
    Damm.. Ageees Waiting for it.. :worthy:

8. AndD

AndD MDL Novice

Feb 24, 2011
    Wish I saw this thread a day ago, I just format my system again (new build about 2 weeks ago) because it won't boot

9. DesmondDoomsday

DesmondDoomsday MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2011
    thanks for this.

How long is it supposed it take? I'm looking at "operations are in progress. please wait. the machine will be turned off automatically after the operations are complete".

Edited to add: turns out I was experiencing a bug related to acronis true image.

10. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    I'll update this tool in some days... I need to update the WinUSB Maker first.. :)

11. BoDzor

BoDzor MDL Novice

Jun 17, 2012
    Hey
    Only read 2 pages back so im sorry if this has been answered previously

I have disabled AVG
    I am running the program in administrator (right click run as)

The program gets to "Rebuilding MBR Boot Sector" then crash's

standard blah blah blah has stopped working

waited 10 minutes and hoped for best, nothing happened.

Restarted computer, same old "windows is not activated"

i have previously used Trilogy, but let it run out
    From what i can tell i need to run this, then install trilogy again

12. BoDzor

BoDzor MDL Novice

Jun 17, 2012
    Bump, still happening. Anything i should try?

13. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
  14. BoDzor

BoDzor MDL Novice

Jun 17, 2012
    Hey

Thanks for the reply

I ended out fixing it by running this in safe mode and it ran without crashing

15. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    In some systems the Safe Mode can solve the problem. It isn't recommended.

16. fire3k

fire3k MDL Novice

Sep 16, 2009
    can i use this offline (winre or winpe or hiren's boot cd)? i am asking you because i bricked my system using WATFix.the system is displaying this BSOD “STOP: C0000135 The program can’t start because %hs is missing. Try resintalling the program". So i can't boot into windows. Iam running windows 7 ultimate without SP1.

17. troels

troels MDL Member

May 20, 2007
    I'm not sure you can - but why not get Daz to help you in the WATFix forum? Anything he made is unlikely to hurt your setup.

18. pirate11n11

pirate11n11 MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2012
    Guys..am new to this forum. couldn't find an option to search within the thread..

Am sorry if this is asked before.. as the name states is regenerates MBR so that the windows activation files are back to initial state.. will this help even if i have windows 7 64 in EFI mode i.e. for the partition table GPT?

Edit : Found the option (my stupid browser was hiding this for some stupid reason).. but no answers for my query..

19. more_frustrated

more_frustrated MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2012
    If I understand this tool (no guarantee of that), it is supposed to reset the system back into "trial" mode.

Unfortunately, it is not working for me. :(

Yes, I did run it with "Regenerate all activation system" checked. Everything appeared to work (messages "Running WATAdminService", "Installing trial key", and "Activating trial key"), but in the end (after rebooting), I still get "This copy of Windows is not genuine."

I have no rearms left, and (somewhat strangely), while the system boots fine normally, it will not reboot into "Repair your Computer" mode (0xc000000e - "The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible"). Booting from the installation DVD and selecting repair comes up with no errors. I am kind of stuck as to what to do at this point.

I would appreciate any suggestions. :)

20. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011