MDL Win 7 Tool for SiMPLiX UpdatePack AiO ISO (with install.wim/esd) Creation

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Enthousiast, Apr 16, 2019.

1. gordo999

gordo999 MDL Member

Feb 11, 2019
    #1381 gordo999, Jul 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    Is the full Simplex package from page one required, the link is not working? Or can an upgrade pack like UpdatePack7R2-21.4.15 be used by itself?

This is for a live update, not an offline image.

2. Gloeyisk

Gloeyisk MDL Member

Sep 2, 2020
    I created a new OS, the add-ons is included there (what's this called? Live OS? Or what?) but on running system, the add-ons doesn't installed/integrated.
    Still figuring out...

3. gordo999

gordo999 MDL Member

Feb 11, 2019
  4. That's not firefox' fault, it is a cloudflare error.

5. gordo999

gordo999 MDL Member

Feb 11, 2019
    Carlos...thanks for link. Works well. Still waiting for updates to install.

It's not clear when the updater is finished. It listed 15 updates in one part of Windows and 12 in another. All 12 have been installed and waiting for reboot but the app has not finished yet. Tells me to wait, even though the progress bar has been completed for a while.

At bottom of page there are 3 buttons. The right button is 'Cancel' and the two buttons to the left of it are grayed out. If you look closely you can see that the left button starts at 0% and gradually goes to 100%. Both are now at 100% but the window still tells me to wait while the updates are being installed.

I'll wait a while but may have to leave it overnight. Thanks again for link.

6. gordo999

gordo999 MDL Member

Feb 11, 2019
    ExeCsiss..."That's not firefox' fault, it is a cloudflare error".

I agree. However, Firefox is getting worse all the time at blocking sites they think are dangerous but which are not dangerous. I wish they'd give the user more control rather than playing Big Brother. It's annoying to be told on many occasions that a site is not safe when it is. It's really none of their business if I want to access a site they think is not safe.

7. I agree, I have switched off the option to block 'malicious' sites in firefox settings.

8. Gandomyr

Gandomyr MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2018
    Hello!

The links in the first post for the full tool does not seem to work. I need to create an iso file (not update an installation) and I'm not able to download it.

9. gordo999

gordo999 MDL Member

Feb 11, 2019
    @Exe Csrss ...I have switched all of them off too. I use NoScript to control javascript and I use an ad blocker. Still, it blocks sites with out-of-date certificates and sometimes blocks sites it claims are not commuicating correctly without offering the option of connecting anyway.

Very intrusive. I have been using Mozilla since the days of Netscape and I don't like the direction they are taking with Firefox. I got Firefox running on XP, an older version, but why have they blocked XP? Sounds like they are working with Microscoft. Pretty soon they likely won't run W7.

10. All browsers capable of using HTTPS do it, even Internet Explorer.
    But yes it is extremely irritating when it blocks you completely from accessing sites that have incorrect SSL settings. It would be nice to have an option to connect to these sites insecurely.

11. gordo999

gordo999 MDL Member

Feb 11, 2019
    #1399 gordo999, Jul 31, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
    Some tips for anyone installing UpdatePack7R2-21.7.14, or similar to a live system. Sorry if this has been posted already or the information is available elsewhere.

The installation window is fairly self-explanatory and the installer does an excellent job...very well designed. There are things to watch for if the installation appears to be doing nothing for long periods of time..

Look at the three buttons at bottom of window. The button on right is 'Cancel'. The middle button says 100% but it is greyed out. So is left button and both are inactive.. The left button begins at 0% but as the progress bar proceeds from left to right, and the file being operated on appears in text in middle window, the left button progresses from 0% to 100%. It's hard to see but it can be seen upon close inspection. Even when it reaches 100% and the progress bar is at 100% it can take a while to finish.

Look at top of windows and the total number of files to be updated are indicated. On my installation it was 15 files. However, elsewhere on the window it indicated only 12 files. There are two passes. The 12 files are installed on the first pass then a reboot is required. The other 3 files are installed on the second pass.

Do not reboot until it tells you to reboot. It may take a long time but it will eventually tell you to reboot. Also, it always states near top of window that it is still installing.

After the reboot...several of them...the update pack will continue installing the rest of the updates, in my case, 3 updates. It took a long time and I had to leave the process to work overnight.

12. gordo999

gordo999 MDL Member

Feb 11, 2019
    @Exe Csrss ...just noticed your github site for windSLIC. Is there a discussion forum for loaders like yours? Not clear about UEFI as related to your loader, although I know what it is. I have an Asus B360M and I turned off stuff in BIOS so I could run the board on XP...with other mods, of course.