MediaCreationTool used for to create an ISO

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by pisthai, Jul 31, 2015.

1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Just the details of the created USB Flash Drive:
    • Drive Name: ESD-USB
    • Size of flash drive: 5,957,754,880 bytes (5.54GB

There for 32bit and 64bit 2 different folders on Flash Drive and the Sources Folder didn't having and PID.txt file!

I'll use that Flash Drive for an clean installation after the Low Level Format is done!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MrAnalysis

MrAnalysis MDL Senior Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Shame they didn't add an option to slip your drivers/Windows update into the ISO also.

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That's simply true!!

I'm now started to install Windows 10 Pro from the created USB Flash Drive using the MS Tool. One of the first thing were to ask for an Product Key, which I skipped (for sure)!

That's the first test for me to see a clean install after an successful Upgrade from 8.1 to 10 will end up in an auto-activated Windows 10 Pro as promoted by Microsoft!! Will report back later on.

5. naseap

naseap MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2009
    I have done this on 4 different computers and all have come back as activated.

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    After restart twice, setup asked again for the Product Pey and I had to skip that again! Till this moment, the install took 30min, quite long! Now it's "Taking care for a few things"!

The last entry I'd done were to key in the data of my MS Account! So, let see what will happen now, it just opened for the desktop!!

Surprise, now check on Properties and it says Windows is activated!! According to SLMGR Windows is now permanently activated with the P-Key ......3V66T!!

So, Microsofts promise seems to work just fine. Windows is on updating drivers etc. right now and the time now come to install all Apps I need on that Machine. This time Start Menu works and all others seems to be too!