Mediafire won't let me download files that I have backed up online-Help!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Andrea Borman, Jun 9, 2012.

?

Do you use a file sharing site?

1. Which one-Mediafire?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Other

100.0%
  3. Some sites force you to enter captcha to download YOUR OWN FILES.Would you join a site that did?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. NO way

100.0%
  6. Some sites only keep your files for a short time. Would you join a site like this?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. No

100.0%
  9. Was this thread helpful

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Yes

100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Andrea Borman

Andrea Borman MDL Member

Apr 16, 2012
    But Urie, can you download anything from Mediafire now or is it still the same thing for you? You cannot download anything from Mediafire either? Andrea Borman.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    So dump Mediafire and go with what works better for you. If Mediafire is giving you so many problems why are you still struggling with it?

3. Andrea Borman

Andrea Borman MDL Member

Apr 16, 2012
    I already have uploaded my files to Ge,tt and Minus the two new files sharing sites that I have found. And so I don't have to go to Mediafire for anything.

And I can change the download links in my posts on my website from Mediafire to Ge,tt or Minus.And I have got all my files backed up on a DVD. So that I can restore them using Windows back up.
    Andrea Borman.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #24 urie, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
    I'm afraid windows backup does not do it for me, not for files and data I may be wrong but I don't need to make an image of my hard drive to just backup files. These are stored on another partition e.c.t for system restoration fair enough but not for my data o_O Also for just file sharing between friends send space is good.

5. Andrea Borman

Andrea Borman MDL Member

Apr 16, 2012
    #25 Andrea Borman, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
    (OP)
    No I have not backed up my whole operating system with Windows back up. I have just backed up some of the program and drivers installer files in a folder that I have put them into. For example I have created a folder called set up and in it I put my zip installer files of Windows Movie Maker 2.1,Windows Mail from Windows Vista etc and also exe installer files of other programs I want to install.

Also all HP laptops come with a folder called Setup in which the makers HP put the installer files for all of the drivers. In case you need to re install them. And I have my Windows 7 full installation CDs. And I have the Windows 8 CP and Windows 8 RP CD that I burned the ISO file to.

So I just reinstall Windows with a clean install then I can use Windows back up to restore any files.instead of downloading them on the Internet. But I have created a separate partition on my hard drive about 20GB in which I have stored those files on the D drive. As I only format the C drive when I do a clean install of Windows,D drive does not get touched. But the back up DVD I created is there in case I loose those files.

It is also convenient to just log into your account on a file sharing site but if of course the website is not working,you can't.

That's why you have to have other options and not rely just on the online file sharing site. easy it may be to just go online and download. But a disaster if they delete all of your files or if you cannot download because the site is broken. And a lot of file sharing sites do if you have not downloaded then after a certain time. Some as short time as 30 days.

So never put all of your eggs in one basket.Andrea Borman.

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @Andrea Borman, I just downloaded a file from mediafire this morning it is working fine and no slow speed problems like there was before :rolleyes:

7. Andrea Borman

Andrea Borman MDL Member

Apr 16, 2012
  8. Andrea Borman

Andrea Borman MDL Member

Apr 16, 2012
    I have just got off the phone from BT,my ISP and they said they have not blocked Mediafire and have not had any instructions from the IWF to block that website. So it looks like the fault is with Mediafire.

But some people in the UK can download from Mediafire. But I am my friends can't and not all of them are with BT for their ISP. One theory could be that the servers on Mediafire could be unwittingly blocking downloads from BT and some other ISP IP addresses. Or there is a fault on Mediafire. Either way,if that is the case.There is nothing your ISP or the IWF can do. It is up to Mediafire the website to fix this problem. As it is a fault with the website. Andrea Borman.

9. Andrea Borman

Andrea Borman MDL Member

Apr 16, 2012
  10. FinAnalyst

FinAnalyst MDL Novice

Jun 14, 2012
    Hello Andrea,

Did you do anything to your computer to get mediafire downloads working again? I am having the exact same problem now- and I'm in the Philippines. I tried clearing the cache and using other browsers and they didn't work. I was able to download from a different computer. Tech support seemed to have no clue what's the problem. They told me to compare the settings with the other computer, but I can't see anything wrong.

11. Andrea Borman

Andrea Borman MDL Member

Apr 16, 2012