Merging boot WIN7 WIN8.1

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by y6vmeq, May 11, 2014.

1. y6vmeq

y6vmeq MDL Novice

May 11, 2014
    Create multiboot flash drive for myself ... I want to push two assemblies from m0nkrus WINDOWS 8.1 <<< h_ttp://nnm-club.me/forum/viewtopic.php?t=778151 and WINDOWS 7 <<< h_ttp://nnm-club.me/forum/viewtopic.php?t=741125
    In BCD changed the way to boot.wim, because had to rename the folder SOURCES (rename the folder from win8.1) into something else (due to the fact that 2 SOURCES folder can not be. one folder called SOURCES second SOURCE8) everything starts to boot but during installation the installer asks the driver for the hard disk. Where else should change that to solve the problem? What I can not find it!

screenshot <<< h_ttp://s2.stdns.ru/up/forum/cache/full/256750_1.1342191159.jpg

Sorry for my English. I use Google translation.
    The same in Russian.

Создаю мультизагрузочную флэшку для себя...хочу запихнуть две сборки от m0nkrus

В BCD поменял пути к boot.wim, т.к. пришлось переименовать папку SOURCES (переименовываю папку от win8.1) во чтото другое (из-за того что 2 папки SOURCES быть не может. одна папка называется SOURCES вторая SOURCE8) все начинает грузится но во время установки установщик спрашивает драйвер для жесткого диска. Где еще надо что поменять чтобы решить проблему? Что то найти не могу!

Attached Files:

2. HALIKUS

HALIKUS MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    Your problem is you are booting the \sources8\boot.wim and it has hardcoded paths in the setup to look for \sources. You are launching the x:\sources\setup.exe from win8 boot.wim that "sees" the win7 setup.exe in DVD:\sources rather than DVD:\source8 and therefore has a version miss match. Even if it did work, it would find the win7 install.wim in \sources rather than \source8.

There's many different fixes, but i'm only offering the problem.

In this case a hint is to run the proper setup.exe with a switch pointing to the wim.