Merging Control Panel and Settings

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by maya77, Dec 24, 2014.

1. maya77

maya77 MDL Member

Aug 30, 2009
    It's little confusing and messed up when we have Control Panel + Settings where some options are shared.

Do anyone knows if they are planning to remove Control Panel and integrate all it's items into Settings app?

2. mtrai

mtrai MDL Addicted

Apr 24, 2008
    An example that is in control panel of 9901 but not previous versions is:

Windows Update

This UI is deprecated. To get updates, go to Settings -. Update and recovery -> Windows Update

For some reason I cannot get screen shots to work or cannot find where they are being stored at. ( not in the normal place for me)

I like having both personally, but can understand parts of the old control panel being removed and or the old control panel being completely removed.

3. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    #3 Skaendo, Dec 25, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
    It sure seems like they are doing away with the Control Panel, if not completely then they are moving most of it to 'Settings'. Maybe to be easier to find more commonly used settings. Who knows, maybe just to conform to their 'mertoifying' of the OS. To me, from seeing the leaked 9901, it looks like going from a Cadillac to a Geo.

For screenshots, just hit PrntScrn then paste in paint.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mtrai

mtrai MDL Addicted

Apr 24, 2008
    #4 mtrai, Dec 25, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
    Was not working for me yesterday. SOB now it is working lol...I swear to God I have gremlims in my system sometimes. I was trying to do just that but anyhow.

WU deprc.jpg

5. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Of course it's temporary, a lot of these registry settings are for internal testing purposes, you will not have them in the final version :)

7. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014