Metro File Manager / Explorer?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Izlude, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Izlude

Izlude MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2012
    I noticed something kinda interesting. When uploading files, I noticed when using IE10 Metro, it has it's own file manager :eek: Now mind you, it's only for selecting files, not actually opening them. Is there any way to get this file manager to open up on it's own so I can actually open files with it? I know it looks a real bland, nothing attractive.. no features to rename, organize etc... but just for the sake of doing it, do you think it can be done? - also note that it's able to see all files, even music and exe. Since I can't post links yet (8 post count) just remove spaces hugclub. net/ blogpics/ a. png If you go to start screen and start typing a file name, it's kinda like that... but very different different.

2. Izlude

Izlude MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2012
    Oh that's cool :D That's what I'm talking about. When I goog'd it up, I saw folks talking about the same thing as me. Sometimes MS reps would say "pin windows explorer into the start screen", but again that's just regular old file explorer. Thanks so much for the tip :) Will be following it.

3. phailyoor

phailyoor MDL Junior Member

Aug 6, 2012
    For something that's more like a metro app, I think chrome metro and firefox metro can access the filesystem. Unfortunately, true Windows RT apps cannot do file explorer tasks.

4. johnnygt

johnnygt MDL Senior Member

Jun 18, 2011
    its proven that something has to be modified as its hard to touch /close /minimize anything on a tablet with new Windows fith your finger so the more "new metro style" it can be the better i say !!