MFI (Missed Features Installer) Repository

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by johnye_pt, Jun 19, 2016.

1. nonlin01

nonlin01 MDL Junior Member

Jun 3, 2017
  2. cpuillness

cpuillness MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2018
    Thanks so much for the reupload. The links working except the upload site has seemed to block the link for xp (MFI5_v1.0.7z). Translated it says this file contains a virus and won't seem to be able to download the file. Wonder if you can post this file to another upload site maybe?

3. johnye_pt

johnye_pt MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2010
    I've noticed that earlier but completely forgot. I've reuploaded the file but with a password (virus), hopefully that's enough to prevent whatever they think is a virus from being detected.

4. horus147

horus147 MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2011
    i have the Windows Future Features Installer NT5 (v0.8 beta) anddd Missed Features Installer for Windows Vista (v1.0 , just need to vertify the md5..,, if you guys want i can upload it

5. johnye_pt

johnye_pt MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2010
    The NT5 v0.8 beta would be much welcomed to the collection ;)

6. T.J.K.

T.J.K. MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2019
    Hi everybody, just to let you know all of the links posted are no longer valid. Software owners constantly auto-search their content online to check for invalid/illegal/illegitimate/indirect copies and public sources like these tend to get checked first. Thank you for all that you have done already though. I am not saying it is hopeless to find anything still. I am just not saying how haha because that would be a part of the problem.. Also, if anybody finds this useful/helpful, please do not "like"/upvote/etc. it. It would probably be best to not even reply to this as well. Software owners (especially "BIG" ones) never like "insider" info revealed, and they actually do automatically make lists of users that are perceived (by AI) to be "dangerous" and/or a "threat". Hope this helps.

7. johnye_pt

johnye_pt MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2010
    I don't understand what you are trying to say. Nothing about MFI is/was illegal, each ISO was just a convenient compilation of Windows features not included in a clean Windows install, with files that M$ itself makes available to the public. The author originally claimed that he deleted the page due to the EULA being disrespected by a magazine, meanwhile he came back but disappeared again. The ISOs are kept in a shared folder in case someone wants to use them or continue/restart his project.

8. T.J.K.

T.J.K. MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2019
    I stated exactly what I meant. False. There are laws in place in some regions that disallow usage of the old software on Windows 8.1+ specifically. The author disappeared because he did not want to get caught, regardless of what he claimed. That would just be logical. I never said they were not in the shared folder. I also never said Not to do anything. Just informing/raising awareness. I do not know what is so confusing. Feel free to start a conversation with me personally if you want further clarification. Hope this helps.

9. johnye_pt

johnye_pt MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2010
    No need to start a conversation. AFAIK the project is dead, so the archive is up for anyone to do whatever they want with it. It's up to the end user to know which laws apply in his/her own country. There's no need to raise awareness, I'm confident everyone is up to par with their Windows EULA (*cough*) so they know what they can or can not install on their own Windows, and I'm pretty sure Windows has failsafes in place should anyone even dare to install a piece of software that M$ doesn't want running on "their" system.

10. T.J.K.

T.J.K. MDL Novice

Feb 2, 2019
    I do not recall ever stating that Any conversation needed to be started.. Of course it is up to the end-user.. But there Was a need to raise awareness.. that is why I Did. Nobody Knows what they can or cannot install, until they have actually done it. But no, not really.. UNIX/Linux can be installed on some OS's, and that can open up a whole other slew of problems and solutions. I am fairly certain you already know that though. So, hope this helps.

11. moriel5

moriel5 MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2015
    I had just stumbled across this thread, and I'm impressed.
    I wonder whether the MFI for XP and 2000 will work on FLP (it should, since it is basically XP, however there are sometimes surprises).

12. SSJ9876543210Dellboy1

Feb 23, 2018
    Anyone have Windows NT 5 Future Features Installer 1.0?

13. johnye_pt

johnye_pt MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2010
    Unfortunately nobody seems to have it or simply doesn't want to share it.

14. Mitwa

Mitwa MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2019
    Missed Features Installer for Windows 10 is the latest version of the popular application that brings back removed or altered features to Windows 10 that were part of previous versions of the operating system.

It can best be described as an all-in-one tool featuring dozens of applications, games and tools that bring back old features or modify them so that they resemble features of the past.

Packed in the 1.3 gigabyte ISO image are third-party programs such as Classic Shell, Gadgets 2.0 or the Windows Experience Index Tool, native programs from previous versions of Windows such as games, the .Net Framework 1.1 or DirectX 9.0c, and assets such as icons and conversion tools.

15. SSJ9876543210Dellboy1

Feb 23, 2018
    Maybe there’s someone else who has the missing ISOs, but who knows?

16. anass_f

anass_f MDL Novice

Sep 14, 2010
    Are there any listings of the missing / future features for each package?
    By the way, thank you very much for your hard work.

17. SSJ9876543210Dellboy1

Feb 23, 2018
    Does anyone have ANY of the missing ones?