Microphone Headset does NOT work with Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by zizi, Mar 15, 2010.

1. stars1

stars1 MDL Novice

Mar 18, 2010
    Zizi,

If your problem still didn't resolve, then pls try the following steps.

1. First be sure that you are not sharing ports in the front and back. The green port in the back is the same port thats used as a headphone in the front. The same goes for the pink microphone jack. So be sure only ONE of these (either the front or the back) is in use.
    2. If no sound comes from the front jacks, go into "Reaklek HD Audio Manager" and in the "Audio I/O" tab click the little wrench button next to the word "Analog."
    3. In this setting, CHECK "Disable Front Panel Jack Detection."
    4. Click OK and suddenly you should be hearing audio and recording with your mic from the front jacks.

Good luck!
    :p

2. zizi

zizi MDL Novice

Mar 10, 2010
    I just say big thanks to all of you for your help. But I still have a question.... Headphone now works in back panel Only. It does not work in front panel... although I double check the connector... Does anyone know what the reason is ??

Thanks in advance.

3. thedonofdeath

thedonofdeath MDL Member

Oct 6, 2009
    well who knows u could have to change the settings or something. i am glad you got it working and glad i was right (minus site and outdated) 0_o. a lot of computers that i have messed with the ones on front dont work. usually they are for cd/dvd drives only. its weird