Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365) on Windows 10 after v2608

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by yoloboy2001, Aug 12, 2026.

  1. yoloboy2001

    yoloboy2001 MDL Novice

    Feb 27, 2023
    47
    42
    0
    It was announced last year that Windows 10 — including ESU and all versions later than 1607—would only receive Office 365 updates until August 2026. This corresponds to version 2608, which is being rolled out this month. Following that, much like the situation with Windows 7, we will receive another three years of security updates, lasting until October 2028.

    With Windows 7 and 8.1, it was possible to continue receiving feature updates for even longer by using a script created by "abbodi" (Windows 7 up to v2007, and Windows 8.1 actually up to v2408 — though the latter allowed for even longer use, albeit with increasing compatibility issues). I have already tested the v2609 beta on Windows 10, and it works (even on 1607 LTSB); there is no "End of Life" (EOL) notification or "soft block" yet.

    I hope a similar script will become available for Windows 10 in future.

    I plan to test new versions for compatibility every month.

    I hope Office 2027 will be compatible (unofficially) with patches, similar to how Office 2021 and 2024 are compatible with 8.1