Microsoft BizSpark

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by FaiKee, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hackeur

Hackeur MDL Senior Member

Jun 14, 2009
    if you are only using one account for your own personal use, you have nothing to worry about. Technically being in this forum is software development cough** cough **

If you create one or more accounts and sell the keys to all your mates to make a profit then expect to visit one of Her Majesty's Establishments for a long period of time with a six figure fine.

2. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    Well, copyright laws differ among different places, but one thing I am quite certain is that: the leak ISO or VHD's from an MS internal server is a stolen material, by using it is already a criminal offence.

In Hong Kong, if you use a pirated windows(or other software) for your own private use, the only thing you would worry about is the WGA notice and you have to reinstall, but if you use it commercially, say inside your company or small shop and get caught, you are going behind bars.:eek:

3. mojavekroc

mojavekroc MDL Novice

Jul 24, 2009
    Getting butt raped by Bubba for stealing software and refusing to pay the $100.....

Priceless

4. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    ROFL! That was funny :D

5. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #65 HotCarl, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
    Some people amaze me, ROFL. Go do whatever you like with your PC... I just think it is so funny that people are like "no, MS will not do anything, why would they?". ROFL. If that is what you believe, then go ahead and do it. I just hope they don't cancel the program due to abuse...but if they did, you are probably the type of person to say "so what, stfu, I got mine...", screwing legitimate start-ups out of a great opportunity provided by MS.

Whether or not you want to believe it, by signing up for BizSpark with fake information is fraud, there is just no other way to put it. You are better off just providing your actual information and hoping for the best...then just paying the $100 after the 3 years ($33.33 a year is dirt cheap!). If you want to risk getting in to trouble for only $100, be my guest, just don't flame others who point these facts out, because they are just that, facts. In doing so, you not only look ignorant, but childish as well.

Good luck, hope you get away with it... As for me, I am staying as far away from this as possible. Good evening. :)

6. tuvi123

tuvi123 MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    #66 tuvi123, Aug 11, 2009
    HotCarl. you are suppose to use it only if you are developing a software and work in a company that develop software for public!
    so even if you do pay that s**tty 100$ you are still committing a fraud!
    so stfu.

I will enjoy my 3 years free msdn access, and I don't worry because microsoft can't do a thing about it, I think about all the options before I join it.
    they simply can't know who I am.
    after 3 years they will probably disable my access cause they want their money.

7. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #67 HotCarl, Aug 11, 2009
    Yes, but you could always say that you misunderstood (well, not really, but they might go for it), or used to produce software and are "between" projects at the moment, or are working on producing software, or trying to find financial backing for a new project, etc., and make any of 1000's of excuses that do not make it seem as though you are just trying to acquire MS software fraudulently... *sigh* I hate to have to explain everything out the long way to some people...

As I said earlier tuvi, if you want to take the risk, go ahead and do it...but to just flame me, and then say "stfu" just proves your ignorance... I rest my case.

EDIT: BTW, my ex-stepfather is a lawyer who specializes in online intellectual property and fraud cases, he is an a**hole, but a rich a**hole...and he taught me a lot about infringement and online fraud. Take it or leave it...

8. tuvi123

tuvi123 MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    #68 tuvi123, Aug 11, 2009
    IF you are do give them your real information (name, address etc..)
    and you are not working in the company that you said you are working at (by the start url, address, etc) you are just a retarded carl.
    because they will contact the company and than they will contact you and you will have trouble, microsoft won't just gave a 3 years MSDN access for only 100$ instead of 1000$ to someone that deal with software development, you must be working in a Business company you stupid f**k.

if you are commiting a fraud, do it all the way. or not do it at all.

-

9. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    Tuvi, that's enough no need to call someone a stupid f*ck..All HC was doing was pointing something out.The flame fest on your part needs to stop.

10. tuvi123

tuvi123 MDL Addicted

Jul 29, 2009
    Ok sorry about that.

11. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #71 HotCarl, Aug 11, 2009
    *sigh*

So your answer is "if you are going to break the law, do it all the way, to the point you are screwed and there is no way to back out..." That is some flawed logic. There is a big difference, and that difference is called "intent". If you logged onto MS' BizSpark site and used it fraudulently with the intent of defrauding MS, you are breaking the law. There is no way around that...and it is still possible to find out who actually created the account regardless of whether you provided your real info or not...hope you used a proxy.

In addition, the fact that you have to resort to name calling is more proof that you are just being ignorant. Instead of making an educated argument, you say the same thing over and over, just in different ways, then call me stupid? It is not my fault your mind is too weak to make a valid argument. Maybe at some point you will realize that I am not attacking you, but just trying to let everyone reading this know that there are 2 sides to that BizSpark coin...and there is the *possibility* of getting into real trouble.

12. DataMan47

DataMan47 MDL Novice

Jul 8, 2009
    That's why piracy is civil. Abusing a license or breaking the EULA is a civil matter, not criminal.

But using fake information to defraud someone like that isn't abusing the EULA. That really is breaking the law. In most justice systems, it's viewed as being much more severe than just breaking an EULA, and it's criminal.

@tuvi123

You're right: they probably can't catch you. Most murders in this world are never solved because the criminals do a good job of covering their tracks. Wearing masks, wearing gloves, keeping a safe distances, etc. But that doesn't make it right! The point here is that defrauding someone is illegal (and not just break-the-EULA illegal, but really illegal), and you're basically advocating that people commit a criminal offense just because it's hard for them to catch you. That is really f*cked up, man.

13. YooBlu

YooBlu MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    Don't bother with BizSpark, Just download from piratebay and search google for keys and cracks.

14. -jay-

-jay- MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    why because you got rejected?

15. Girash

Girash MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    #75 Girash, Aug 11, 2009
    If you don't actually have a business STAY AWAY FROM THIS. My brother frauded them and did manage to get MSDN access but two months later a lawyer from Microsoft contacted him wanting to "clarify" some details that he submitted in the original form. Long story short, he almost ended up in court. He agreed to a pre-litigant settlement of $2000 for his fraud before it got to that point. My brother is in the US btw.

EDIT: And if you are a business remember the license terms for MSDN. Don't think of them as a joke. The windows put up there are for testing your development projects only. The Business Software Alliance (BSA) could audit you if you go outside those terms.

16. fabsta

fabsta MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2009
    #76 fabsta, Aug 11, 2009

hmmm anyone smell that ............
    i think its bacon

17. delweine

delweine MDL Member

May 1, 2007

100 percent correct, ms just writes off losses, if any.. and they do not blacklist either.

its not a crime at all, i dont recommend u do it, but no crime at all.. the worst ms would do is boot you from the program.. that is it..

18. Shivek

Shivek MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2009
    To do or not to do... that is the question. I think some people here are really overreacting. I don't understand one thing though. They didn't take our credit card details so how are they going to charge us $100 after 3 years?

19. johnalvin

johnalvin MDL Bios Modder

Sep 3, 2007
    :D
    OMG ! :eek: my grandfather is a layer too! :D

ok for those who got their account using false info start asking questions how to disable it and ...surrender your keys :D

20. Shivek

Shivek MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2009
    OK, so I read up a bit and seems like they will send an invoice on our address or something like that which means if we provided a fake address it will go there. So guys instead of faking address, better change your address so someplace which doesn't exist.