Microsoft: Edge is a fail

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Joe C, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    #2 Mr.X, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    Are you sure just Edge?

Windows 10 Perma-bloated Edition
    sku: ConvolutedSpyingCloudGossipyCortanaCoreFailure

:tooth:

3. lolnothankyou

lolnothankyou MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2018
    If you're going to let a company spy on all your Internet activity, why choosing Google Chrome over Microsoft Edge? I mean Windows 10 is already spying on all your computer activity, Edge comes preinstalled, why bothering installing Google Chrome and let yet another company spy on all your Internet activity?

If you're going to install a 3rd party browser, why not install Firefox and configure it properly?

https://github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js
    https://github.com/ghacksuserjs/ghacks-user.js/blob/master/user.js

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    ^^
    :rofl:, I agree 100%

5. QuantumBug

QuantumBug MDL Developer

Mar 7, 2012
    Of course they would ditch Edge for Chrome. How else will they all entangle their data sales. If they chose FF or else, I think I'd faint.

6. digiquandry

digiquandry MDL Member

Sep 13, 2015
    I think most people care ZERO percent about privacy these days. And I think much of the blame is due to smart phones. The fact is: most people use their smart phone for just about all of their interaction with the internet. And those devices have TOTALLY unbridled operating systems and web browsers. You have to share every aspect of your existence (location, contacts, ad infinitum) simply to install a free game app. It's scary to me how quickly our entire society has been conditioned into accepting all of this as "normal."

7. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    I couldn't agree more. But that can change if your Identity is hijacked or your credit card info stolen.

I would change one word here...

Change "ad infinitum" to "ad nauseum". :D

I just got rid of my cell phone. I still carry it around with me (911 calls are free) I put the money I save each month into 220 mb/s internet.
    A better investment, I think. :)

8. digiquandry

digiquandry MDL Member

Sep 13, 2015
    You're one smart lady. On a tangent, maybe 15 years ago I went to a buddy's house and he said, "I want to show you this cool website. But I need to go to the store first." So we went around the corner to the store and came back 20 minutes later. The web page still hadn't loaded on his dial-up modem! LOL. So I had to tell him about my cable internet connection. :biggrin5:

9. RanCorX2

RanCorX2 MDL Addicted

Jul 19, 2009
    as long as mozilla and 3rd party firefox forks do not adopt chrome we are good.

i value my browser as it is right now, customized to the max.

btw since edge is now chrome does that mean it has no sidebar? because chrome doesn't.

10. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    Really fast browser! yikes :thumbsup::thumbsup:

11. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Edge is not becoming Chrome. It's becoming a Chromium-based browser. There is a difference, namely the Chromium engine is not the Google spying.

If you want privacy, there's another Chromium-based browser named Brave that might be worth checking out.

12. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    MS browser have always been garbage IE edge is all s**t...im FF man all the way.