Microsoft is now preventing unsupported insiders from updating further... any workaround yet?

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by alesimula, Sep 1, 2021.

1. alesimula

alesimula MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2015
  2. OSMAN

OSMAN MDL Addicted

Oct 25, 2009
    i just installed offline enroll insider. lets see if it works.

3. alesimula

alesimula MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2015
    Thanks that seems to work... though it doesn't have an opt-out option (download the first release preview when it becomes available, then opt-out of insider builds when the first release build becomes available); I was asking whether there is a workaround for Windows not to restrict my options.

I recall a reddit user saying that, if installed from a modified ISO, Windows 11 will allow all options on Insiders settings, so I guessed there are some registry keys that identify the device as updated from Windows 10 to 11 with the insiders program

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    When Win 11 (22000.xxx) is installed, by any means, then there is no need to be enrolled into any IP channel to get the updates offered.

5. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    This computer does not meet absolutely to any of Windows 11 requirements, but all updates have been installed using Windows Automatic Updates. This screenshot have been taken just now and I have no changes there, no new notifications or something else.
    This computer was made and purchased in 2006 and is 100% original.
    15:45 01/09/2021
    Capture_Windows_Insider.JPG

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Don't sign in at the insider preview settings and you're done, 22000.xxx updates will be offered on WU.

7. PolidelticusFire

PolidelticusFire MDL Addicted

May 7, 2020
    - deleted -

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. bjf2000

bjf2000 MDL Expert

Apr 11, 2008
    This news today seems to fly directly in the face of the press briefing that MS gave reporters last week about the so-called "loophole." Everyone mentioned the ISO loophole, yes, but they also mentioned that being an Insider was another way to be exempt, That was taken as a reversal of MS's months-ago declaration that unqualified Insiders would need to install Win10 once Win11 went RTM. Now the reversal has been reversed.

9. maddogster

maddogster MDL Senior Member

Mar 23, 2015
    who cares :) did they close bypass 7 loophole...nope so no matter what they try this forum and others will have the tools ready when MS releases final CU or close to it that and whatever checks builtin to cu updates :) only newbs on this forum and youngans scared unlike us old guys since days of DOS that no different for any software; even hardware flags can be bypassed with people that no bios and other firmware hacks to spoof like tpm and others; encryption and bitlocker defeated from the get go so this is yawn..... babyfood for this forum :)