microsoft kilsl my wifi

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by pcdummie, Apr 3, 2012.

1. pcdummie

pcdummie MDL Novice

Mar 30, 2012
    after install new window 7 on my laptop. my wifi is not working any more. in stall new window , wifi only work cuople of days and then stop working again. i don't know how Microsoft can black list my machine. any advice very much appreciated. thank you

2. portlandbear

portlandbear MDL Novice

May 21, 2011
    I had a similar problem. Installed windows 7 & all was working fine. After a windows update which included a driver update for my wifi card, it stopped working. I went into device manager & rolled back the driver, & everything was working normally again.
    Hope this helps

3. NICK@NUMBER11

NICK@NUMBER11 MDL Expert

Mar 23, 2010
    Just ensure that you have the correct drivers for your card installed,

4. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Did you also install ALL the downloaded Windows 7 drivers from your laptop maker's website? If you didn't, you need to. You can also set Windows Update to get drivers and I'd suggest doing that at the very least.

Why do you think Microsoft blacklisted your machine? Are you also non genuine? If so, that can be fixed too.

5. pcdummie

pcdummie MDL Novice

Mar 30, 2012
    i don't understand why wifi only works for a few days after new window 7 installed then stop. check truoble shooting, this is the message i got: " window wireless service is not running on this computer." I am currently using Dlink Router. Any ideas please give me instruction. thanks inadvance.

6. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    I've had services fail and I'd bet others have too. Files get corrupted or deleted; could be any of several things. Can you take the computer to another location and try to connect? First thing you going to have to do is determine what's really broken.

Can other computers connect reliably to your LAN? If they can, suspect your computer; if they can't suspect your LAN.

Over the course of several years, I had four D-Link routers. All of them failed after two years or less. I now have a Linksys WRT54GL and my LAN is faster and more stable than with any D-Link I had. But that's just my experience.