Microsoft launches online privacy dashboard website

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Katzenfreund, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
  2. wazzock

wazzock MDL Senior Member

Oct 22, 2016
    I have read that elsewhere. But why do you have to do it online? :confused:

Why not just do it from your device? :confused:

Its just corporate BS, beware, MS will continue to stick its greasy finger up your bottom in other ways :mad:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    What makes you think that M$ uses a greasy finger?
    I think they prefer you to be bone dry

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. wazzock

wazzock MDL Senior Member

Oct 22, 2016
    You would notice a dry finger much more than a greasy one. Wait till you hit your 50s to find out :D

5. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @Katz ok very good article seem that M$ are opening your eyes about privacy; hmm but who really trust on them at least here on MDL :g:

6. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    ˄˄
    It’s at least positive that they are trying to react to public concern about privacy. Otherwise, I doubt anything will change in practice.

It’s also (hopefully) positive that they say they don’t have any info on my account, as I don’t use it for obvious reasons.

7. AzTec

AzTec MDL Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Find my Device, hmmmm, if that's where I am too, they are about 1 hours drive out, miles away lol.....:tasty:

8. JBenal

JBenal MDL Senior Member

Nov 2, 2009
    OK, so to use their "privacy dashboard" I have to sign in with a Microsoft account? Give them my identity, then they scan me for privacy issues? What a joke!

9. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    Good point. For them to let you delete some data, you first have to let them collect more data on you. A kind of Trojan gift horse.

It seems a no-brainer to prevent them from collecting more data on you in the first place by not using a MS account.