Microsoft Office Pro 2010/2013 Disk Creator (Plus,Visio,Project) (Retail/Volume) AIO!

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by The-Wiz, Dec 28, 2013.

1. The-Wiz

The-Wiz MDL Senior Member

Aug 29, 2012
    x86? x64? x64+x86? Office 2013/2010? give me more info pls

2. The-Wiz

Aug 29, 2012
    1. No. English is base add other language i add Language Interface Pack (LIP).
    2. Yes. Add all updates u want under folder "Updates" i main folder.

3. ianymaty

ianymaty MDL Member

Jan 31, 2010
    #43 ianymaty, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    I already told you in post #31. You missed it. OK, here's again.

One more thing. I run the setup.exe from the final folder not from your program Install button.

Can this program still interfere with the setup while it is still open after all the job is done? Maybe that's the problem. It shouldn't normaly do this thing.

I'll do this test later when I have some time.

4. tottor

tottor MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2009
    I have realised a test :
    1/ I make a AIO with office, project, visio (32 & 64 bits) with the The-Wiz tool.
    2/ I delete all the xxx-us folder and finally I have only my native language at the installaton.
    3/ I have found a problem because by default the installation is in 32 bits ; have you an idea to have choice between 32 & 64 bits for the first installation.
    I have a solution in going inside the X86 or X64 folder to use specific setup.

THX

5. ianymaty

ianymaty MDL Member

Jan 31, 2010
    As I pointed in post #33 the file sizes for setup.exe and setup.dll are different in your folder.

As the setup.exe and setup.dll from MTK folder are the same as in ISO, your program is sure done some patching on them.

I copied the original files from the ISO to your folder and voila, the install works great.

So please don't tuch the setup.exe and setup.dll files as clearly this is the problem here.

Now please if you can clarify two things:

1. What it is for the Admin folder in MTK if you know?

2. What purpose have xmui.xx folders/files in your's since MTK filter them out.

6. The-Wiz

Aug 29, 2012
    ianymaty: I fix the problem with setup.exe. About "Admin" folder, i don't know what is it. Seem like help files.
    tottor: English isn't must now.

Thank you ppl for useful feedback! :hug2:

1.07 - Fix: Setup.exe error in multi-lang (10x ianymaty). English lang isn't must (10x tottor).

7. tottor

tottor MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2009
    @ The-Wiz,

I have tested 1.07 and i confirm that it isn't necessary to have english.

For me, 32 bits is "by default" and you dont have choice to select 32 or 64 bits even if you dont go to x86 or x64 folder.
    Have you a solution ?

I dont know if it's possible to download "update" for adding the files in iso.

Perhaps in 1.08 :innocent:

8. The-Wiz

Aug 29, 2012
    32b or 64b is select by system. If u have 64b system he will install 64b version, else 32b.
    If u have 64b system and you want to install 32b office u need to do it manual by entering x86 folder and run setup.exe from there.

If u want to add your updates in "Updates" folder, after running my script, before you press ISO button, get in the folder that the script create, put your updates under "Updates" folder, and then press ISO button and u will get update ISO.

No need 1.08 for this :cool:

9. tottor

tottor MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2009
    Thanks for your explaination.

:worthy:

10. ianymaty

ianymaty MDL Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Yes. Now the setup works as it should.

More problems found:

1. Go back button runs the script again than goes back to the main meniu. It should go straight back.

2. Maybe you want to rename "Go back" button to something more meaningful like "Main menu"

3. Click on window while it works triggers "Not respondig" window. This is not nice. When you have more windows opened overlaping each other clicking on the window you want it should bring it to top. It is understandable to not respond while other process outside of it runs but remains the same till the end of all processes. Even closing the window with the "Wait..." option the program remins unfocused till the end. Maybe you can make it to detect the "Not responding" window after a file is processed and autoclose it and get the program back. I should mention that if you click the taskbar button it brings it to top as it should without triggering the "Not responding" window.

11. The-Wiz

Aug 29, 2012
    #51 The-Wiz, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
    (OP)
    I am happy that now we get to GUI issues :biggrin:

I have problem with GUI because i use PHP to make this tools so i m limited with this tool.

1. Fixed.
    2. I will change button to "Main menu".
    3. Can't do it

12. The-Wiz

Aug 29, 2012
    1.08 - Fix: Main Menu Button (10x ianymaty). Add create Self-Extract file.

I had warning that process take time. :cool:

13. ianymaty

ianymaty MDL Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Can you add an option to filter the Updates folder according to selection of product and languages than delete what's not needed?

Just make sure not to delete Custom.msp file too.

Thank you.

14. The-Wiz

Aug 29, 2012
    There is nothing in updates folder. I don't understand what u need.

15. ianymaty

ianymaty MDL Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Ah. When all the process is done before making the ISO we can put .msp files in Updates folder than make the ISO so when install you have already up to date install.

With WHD you can download the updates in .exe files and extract all in Updates folder. As they are so many .msp files for different products and languages it's hard to hand pick the needed.

I was thinking as the program still runs, it still have the refferences of the selections we made to pack the installer so it can quickly get rid of the not necessary files from Updates folder just like you do with Project and Visio languages to keep the ISO small as possible.

16. The-Wiz

Aug 29, 2012
    The problem is that i don't have a list of all updates and to witch product they refer.

If you have a list, and where do download all update i will see what i can do.

17. ianymaty

ianymaty MDL Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Windows Hotfix Downloader will download all Office 2013 updated in .exe format and can also extract them to .msp format.

Also Win Toolkit has a built in MSP Extractor

As you can see the updates have a patern for each product. You need to match the patern of the updates to the products selected in the program.

Something like: if Project was selected than keep "project* if not selected delete all. Similar with Visio, if selected, keep them if not delete "visio*

The same process for languages: *x-none is for all languages so keep all. If say, select languages english, german, franch, italian, romanian, keep only "*en-us, *de-de, *fr-fr, *it-it and *ro-ro" and delete all other languages.

Hope this helps.

18. Earendil503

Earendil503 MDL Novice

Jan 20, 2014
    Hi!
    I'm new here (although been following this Web site for quite some time).
    First question (correct me if I misunderstood): I can download MS Office 2013 from the following topic:

[Digital River] Microsoft Office 2013 - Visio 2013 - Project 2013 English (USA)
    and activate it by following instructions from post #1 of this topic, right? :confused:

P.S. Will it work on Win 7? Or only on Win 8/8.1?
    Ok, this is already 3 questions :D

19. The-Wiz

Aug 29, 2012
    Why to download from one post and activate from anther?
    I am not sure because it need to VL version.

Download using my program, and activate like it say in post #1

20. rooster29

rooster29 MDL Novice

Sep 18, 2011
    This is a great tool , thanks.:worthy: