Microsoft Office Pro 2010/2013 Disk Creator (Plus,Visio,Project) (Retail/Volume) AIO!

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by The-Wiz, Dec 28, 2013.

1. tottor

tottor MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2009
    #81 tottor, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
    Hello The Wiz,

Wonderful tool !!!

I make some Tests with 2010 & 2013 VL (Office-Visio-Project).

With 2010, I have :
    o Microsofoft Office Pro 2010
    o Microsoft Visio 2010
    o Microsoft Project Pro 2010

With 2013, I have :
    o Microsofoft Office Pro 2013
    o Microsoft Project Pro 2013
    o Microsoft Visio 2013

@ The Wiz : Have you seen that it isn't same ranking ?

More :

It'is possible to have automatic update with this tool ?

THX

2. ianymaty

ianymaty MDL Member

Jan 31, 2010
    With OfficeDC.1.11 (1).exe the Updates don't get to the final image. Did not get my hands on OfficeDC.1.10.exe so don't know if that worked correctly.

1. Please make a repository so we can grab the older versions to test the differences.

2. Please be more speciffic with what we need to put in Updates folder. As it is now described on first page you just need to copy the exact Updates folder from WHD.

3. What if we have the updates as downloaded in .exe and not extracted as .msp? Do your program extract them or we need the .msp files to be extracted to the Updates folder. Please clarify.

4. Can you make it to process the language packs silently? To not click OK on every language pack execution.

5. You should add a pop-up window while the process works, something like "Please wait, work in progress." with Cancel button on it. Than at the end another one with "Process done succesfully" OK or Close button on it.

3. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    Someone was looking for this, I call it "TheWiz Kit" so they couldn't find it until I linked them to here hehe

4. The-Wiz

The-Wiz MDL Senior Member

Aug 29, 2012
    1. OK.
    2. Yes. Exact Updates folder from WHD. I will try to be more specific.
    3. No. WHD do that. I take only .msp files. I don't see why i need to "fix" WHD great tool :)
    4. Can you send me screenshot? i don't know what r u talking about.
    5. I can't. I m using php (like web-site) for my tool, so i m very limited with GUI issues.

10x! :worthy:

5. The-Wiz

Aug 29, 2012
    "isn't same ranking" what that?

I will make more simple to use updates in next release.

6. tottor

tottor MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2009
    For explainaition :
    Office is the first item "office" is always in first position but in 2010 in second item you have visio although en 2013 you have Project !!!

For the update, it could be interesting to automate "the updating process".

:D

7. ianymaty

ianymaty MDL Member

Jan 31, 2010
    #87 ianymaty, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
    1. Waiting for the link...
    2. So the path to .msp files will look like: d:\download\Updates\Office201x-x??\ isn't it?
    3. No need to fix anything. I keep the dowloaded .exe files not the .msp files to not always download all updates when need. If some new update comes only that is downloaded.
    (2 & 3) There are also the updates for other products, W7, W8, etc. We only need the .msp files from Office folders from WHD\Updates like WindowsHotfixDownloader\Updates\Office201x-x??\ copied to d:\download\Updates\Office201x-x??\. Please clarify in first post description and also in the program.
    4. I can't take a capture since the desktop is dimmed and can't acces any capture software but the prompt is from UAC and is very similar to this
    UAC.gif
    The differences being:
    Program name: Microsoft Office
    File origin: Downloaded from internet
    Program location: "D:\download\X18-515??.exe" /quiet /extract:D\download\Office_TheWiz_2013\...
    ?? = different for every language pack

It asks this for every language pack used in build. Is there a way to not click on every prompt?

5. In this case maybe use /passive vs /quiet would be better for users to see that something is actualy happening for them to wait.

Above all: There are still left visio related .msp files left in Updates (visiointl-xx-xx.msp)

Thanx for all.

8. The-Wiz

Aug 29, 2012
    1. Links are at end of first post, version change.
    2&3. I will make something more simple with msp/exe select.
    4. passive will ask you to press OK at the end of etch lang. Just disable UAC notices.
    6. I fix it. Will be release in next version.

10x 4 great feedback. :cool:

9. patriotman

patriotman MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2012
    This keeps on freezing about three quarters through install,Even running in admin mode ,Whats up

10. The-Wiz

Aug 29, 2012
    Freezing isn't a problem. Wait with patience until script finish. He have allot of work to do back there.... :biggrin:

11. ianymaty

ianymaty MDL Member

Jan 31, 2010
    #91 ianymaty, Feb 16, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
    I set the UAC behaviour to: Elevate without prompting. This fixed the prompt approval thing. (I feel less secure now. I may set it back to its default to be on the safe side.)

The link for 1.03 points to 1.04.

1st cosmetic thing: Please look at the alignment of the language boxes, the first line are off the coloumn alignment (from 1.07 up to latest).

2nd cosmetic thing: Change simp.Chinese name to Chinese.simp and trad.Chinese to Chinese.trad. Also place the * after the language name.

Also a request for this: Will you order the languages on coloumn not on row? It's easier to follow and fiind what you need.

Are you thinking to port this to a better programing language than currently php?

12. The-Wiz

Aug 29, 2012
  13. ianymaty

ianymaty MDL Member

Jan 31, 2010
    #93 ianymaty, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
    Make the detected language bold again like in the older versions.

Apply the Chinese name pattern for Portuguese language too.

Can you implement "Browse for folder" button where a path is needed to be typed in? That will ease a bit and avoid mistyping a path.

Do you know what the * means next to the languages? Maybe add a line of explanation why are marked with it under the languages (or above).

14. The-Wiz

Aug 29, 2012
    1. I can't detect. I only bold English as default.
    2. Done.
    3. No. Can't do it in php.
    4. Add note.

1.13 - Add: HotFix EXE file support.

15. ianymaty

ianymaty MDL Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Oh. I was wrongfully thought about the detection not thinking it is before the actual selection/download. LOL

About "Browse for folder" button, maybe you find a way to sneak in a script to do this. It would be nice.

Back to the problems:

Using Updates as .exe this comes up (closed it with cancel) The familiar Reinstall with recommended settings prompt.

osetup.PNG

Please add recurse subdir to Updates so we can use the WHD folder "as is" with the General, Hotfix and Security subdir. As it is now we need all .exe files in one folder.

Another cosmetic thing: When the program starts the corners of the window are nicely rounded. When the script is started after a little while some black corners apear. At the finish the nicely rounded corners are back.

16. The-Wiz

Aug 29, 2012
  17. ianymaty

ianymaty MDL Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Downloaded the file again. The problem still exists. Maybe it's something to do with the fact that I'm running Windows 7 x64 and try to integrate Office 2013 x86 since it complains about compatibility. I don't know.

When using EXE for updates the extracted msp files are left in the source folder. Use a temp folder for that and clean up after finish.

Maybe you let the extracted files for later use but since the extraction works relatively quick there's no need for keeping the space occupied. (~ 1,8 GB extracted). I measured the time with MSP and EXE updates and the difference is ~ 1 min on my computer, Intel E8400 3Ghz, 4GB RAM.

I don't know the differences in extraction but the whole process of combining Office 2013 x86 +4 other languages and updates as EXE took a little above 3 minutes with this tool. That's cool compared to just the extraction job made by WHD that took 3 min sharp.

Thank you.

18. The-Wiz

Aug 29, 2012
    1. I also have W7 x64 and run Office 2013 x86 with my program without any problem.
    2. Will be in next release.
    3. 10x :cool:

19. bzhman35

bzhman35 MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2009
    Thanks The-Wiz for this program but I have an error when i try to create a ISO or a self exec file.

This is the choice in the first screen :
    h ttp://hpics.li/63b7fa5

The error messages :

ISO : h ttp://hpics.li/e079b87
    Self-Exec : h ttp://hpics.li/15bdd3b

Thanks again for your work.