Microsoft Partner Action Pack, offers only 32 bit Win7?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mcbyte, Oct 5, 2009.

1. mcbyte

mcbyte MDL Junior Member

Jul 26, 2009
    At my work place, we are a Microsoft Partner program (small business), and we have the Action Pack collection of software, since windows 7 was available we got the keys online (partner.microsoft.com), which we used with the downloaded Windows 7 Pro x64 images i got from torrent and all activated successfully, since 3 weeks.

Yesterday we got the DVD's by post from Microsoft, but only 32bit editions (2 DVD's: Ultimate and Pro).

Did all Partners get only 32bit editions on DVD or somebody got 64bit editions too?

2. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    The keys are the same. Just use the clean, untouched .iso files and verify the hashes. MS would probably send you 64 bit media if you asked them to but it is pointless. My original Vista media resides in a closet, all I need is the product key.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Action Packs have been recently changed to download only, unless you pay extra for media, something about "green".

The same place you go to get the keys, has everything available to be downloaded. Why they bothered sending only 32-bit media, in which the only difference between Pro and Ultimate is ei.cfg, is beyond me. One of each 32-bit and 64-bit, without ei.cfg, would fit more into their "green" initiative.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mcbyte

mcbyte MDL Junior Member

Jul 26, 2009
    We got a document sometime ago about the Action Pack being a download only, but we got those 2 DVD's by post too :s

They sent ultimate and pro because our subscription is 1 key for one computer for ultimate and 1 key for 10 computers for the pro version, and not many people understand the ei.cfg thing.

and checking our old dvd collection from microsoft, i found a DVD for windows server 2008 R1 with both x86 and x64 on the same DVD, why not to make it for Win7 too, one DVD for both editions ?

5. Silviu

Silviu MDL Novice

Dec 23, 2008
    We got same thing 2 DVD`s both 32 bit with Pro & Ultimate. U can download 64 bit from MAPS portal page :)