Microsoft Still Emailing Media Center Keys?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by DivinityCycle, Nov 29, 2012.

1. sps

sps MDL Member

Feb 6, 2008
    LOL! Reminds the FCKGW form WinXP

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. Romar31

Romar31 MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2012
    Oh i'm sorry for giving him a "free" wmc. I just thought i did not violate any rule because i got that key for "free" as Microsoft would say. And to those who are requesting for keys, im sorry but i have to save these keys for my own for now. XD

4. apvm

apvm MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2010
    FYI, I requested some key the other day with three different email at the same time. Gmail come first, Hotmail a day later and the slowest is gmx 4 days later, for those who have not receive it yet, it will eventually come.

5. pauldamo

pauldamo MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    i think it was because the key was shown in your post,and mate thank you for being so kind. ;)

6. Romar31

Romar31 MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2012
    I didn't post any key in public, that's why i just pm'd you. HAHA. welcome anyways :)

7. pauldamo

pauldamo MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    sorry Romar i'm a bit slow,it was an other poster that posted it,thanks again,everthing is working great.

8. winampman

winampman MDL Novice

Dec 1, 2012
    WOW! I just got my free WMC key.... after 7 days -_-
    I was ready to just give up on ever getting one...

9. Doru71

Doru71 MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2012
    I am waiting 7 days and nothing.

10. apvm

apvm MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2010
    I mean this free give away is now known to at least the net population and how many keys will an average person request (after the dot trick of a gmail account) those poor servers of MS must be working to their bottom issuing free key. Be patient.

11. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Ever heard of permutation and combination??

:eek:

12. aarongreater

aarongreater MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2009
    This question reminds me of ten years ago I enjoyed Westlife's Bop Bop Baby MV. The very sentence is that "There seems to be no hope!" Because already more than 72 hours have been gone, my live.de mail could never receive that key. My stupid but hurtful mind keeps me waiting for that hopeless thing...

13. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    I think since the data.dat exploit has become wider known - the whole world is jumping on the bandwagon and that server is going crazy :aglerks:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. Mangrt

Mangrt MDL Novice

Dec 1, 2012
    Waiting 8 days and still counting. No luck sofar....o_O

15. crepito

crepito MDL Novice

Jun 5, 2010
    Yesterday got all my requested keys ( 4 in total ). 1 had been requested 7 days ago and the others 5 days ago. All arrived at the same time.

16. Mangrt

Mangrt MDL Novice

Dec 1, 2012
    Good to hear MS is still giving keys. So there is still hope one day my key will come.

17. aarongreater

aarongreater MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2009
    Now I am sitting back to Windows 7 Desktop, and I get one extreme confusion that to my sight Windows 7 is much newer than Windows 8, not matter appearance and performance, Windows 8 could be just another Windows Vista, one only conceptualized Operating System only. If I plan to get another laptop, I would not choose Windows 8 computer, to me preinstalled Windows 8 is totally biggest disaster. Comparing to traditional desktop environment, metro or WinRT platform is really stupid. Ribbonlized Explorer could not bring Windows 8 to the level of Office 2010, but just Office 2007 only. And the worst thing is that omitting of Aero and Glass aero make me do really feel shame for this very latest OS. If Windows Blue could still not compare against Windows 7 for desktop environment, I would drop Windows at all.

18. bodmas

bodmas MDL Senior Member

Jul 26, 2011
    try one action and decide if it is what you thought? copy 3-4 files in large size viz 3 GB to any other drive and when you are done 30% or 40% just cancel the copy. if some files copied where you saved it, just delete all those files.
    Now copy the same files to the same directory and see what difference you get. copy will start from the point where you cancelled it. it was not found in earlier windows.

19. Doru71

Doru71 MDL Novice

Aug 9, 2012
    I am waiting 8 days and nothing.

20. delete12345

delete12345 MDL Novice

Nov 27, 2012
    It's been confirmed we need to wait at least 1 week for the keys to arrive. To find the proof:

1. Google "WMC keys microsoft no longer sending out"
    2. Choose "Search Tools" in the Search Options menu.
    3. Pick "Past 24 hours".
    4. Find and click on the link that points you to Microsoft Community Forums.
    5. Read page 19/20, and 20/20.

This is my first post, so I can't post links/images, according to the rules.