Microsoft Toolkit activation for Office 2013 not detected

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by kesslerman, Jul 31, 2013.

1. kesslerman

kesslerman MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2013
    I downloaded office 2013 trial version from the official microsoft website. I opened Microsoft Toolkit 2.4.8 and it only recognized my Office 2007 software, so I deleted office 2007. The toolkit still does not detect Office 2013 on my system. I guess it does not work with my installation? So, what installation should I use (now that I am officeless)? Stuck.

2. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    Having older Office can cause problems, especially if both have been installed.

You can try uninstalling both, then running the 2007 and 2013 uninstall tool in MTK, but Office tends to screw up the registry so bad I recommend a full OS reinstall.

Also, never, ever, ever use a trial or Retail Office, especially if it is that Click to Run crap. You won't be able to activate it without dirty hacks to trick it into being a VL edition.

You can download a normal Retail (not Trial/Click to Run), and use MTK to convert the installer to be a Volume edition, and install that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...