Microsoft: Windows 10 Is the Most Secure Operating System

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Antilope, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Conclusion, using a linux live (windows has is own live cd/dvd's ;)) usb/dvd we can save our files when windows crashes ;):clap:

2. coromonadalix

coromonadalix MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    #22 coromonadalix, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    loll thats a good one There's no uncompromisable windows / linux / os'es ... the best way is : no web access, no floppy, cd-rom drive, no usb ports input, no usb mouse or keybooard that could be disconnected (usb ones, not ps2) simply no physical access to it.

Even had a multi user enabled windows loggin pc, 1 hidden admin with password, users too, but was attacked by virus who hit all the other users in the pc (even with no admin rights ???)

I worked in a military complex, there was only one pc connected to the web .... a virus attack ... a simple ghost backup, and up running again.

I have used sand box softwares, a lot better in my opinion, but they were hard to configure, but they evolved ... not tried the new ones beceause im on 64 bits, sandbox softwares have a harder problems on x64 archtecture, kernel drivers and access ...

EDIT

I remember and tested Faronics Deep Freeze who could "freeze" the pc, be attacked : virus, ransomware etc .... a simple reboot, and was restored to pristine functionality.

Again no such luck in x64 versions, you can google the reasons, i did lot of search on this. Again softwares evolve ...

The best "uncompromisable" windows was a specialy made cd-rom bootable of windows XP, every file write or registry write etc .... was done in memory AKA a ram disk, nothing was able to damage it.

I still have an iso of this somewhere loll

3. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    That was a trick question for the OP, and now it's all ruined. Bad Minwolve. :hummer:

4. coromonadalix

coromonadalix MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    loll oh i forgot i used a copy / clone software named doppleganger, few years ago, it was a copy in one direction only to an other drive, even if you deleted the original the copy would remain for security reasons ... i had modded all the windows storage folders like : documents, music, pictures, favorites etc ... to be on another drive. Worked very well, until windows version evolved and became more complex to manage ...

5. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #25 Muerto, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021