Microsoft Windows 7 Updates Compatibility Center

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Johny23, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    Yeah.. this applies to WMP too.. coz after updating i had to re-configure my player :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    Yes, this was happen to me too. But was just one click to configure, very short config.:cool:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. McArty

McArty MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    Thank you very much Johny23 for this great post, I think this should be stickyed.

4. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Microsoft Windows 7 Updates Compatibility Center, a community work indeed..

I'm the one supposed to thank you for taking the time to express your appreciation.. Thanks but no thanks partner..:eek:

As for the sticky suggestion, the post is already a sticky.. :p

Moreover, I'm not the only one to be thanked... Genuine thanks to Yen, who supported the project in all its phases.. not to mention the efforts of other users and testers.. :rolleyes:

At first, I had some doubts about the progression of the center.. However, facts prove that the center has caught attention.. ;)

From this perspective, I would like to announce that this center shall remain not only updated, but also upgraded to meet the needs of all users.. :)

One feature I'm planing to add to the thread currently is direct download links.. This shall be executed now..

Thanks admins, mods, testers, reporters, as well as users.. Thank you MDL.. :cool:

5. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Thread Updated: October 16th, 2009

Cheers to all users of Microsoft Windows 7 Updates Compatibility Center,

Based on users' requests, official direct download links have been integrated in the center. The center has been updated to meet both x86 and x64 based systems. ;)

Tracking down these links is no simple process.. but I hope it proves worth it.. For alomst each update, the download links were supplied. This is to faciltate tracking for users that can't access Windows Update for any reason.. :eek:

The Center is now online.. Hope the Center is lifting up to the expectations.. Enjoy Everyone.. :rolleyes:

Sincerely.. :cool:

6. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    First off, thanx for reporting this last update. And thanx for this hole project, for that matter. This really is a great initiative and will help many ppl.

Little question :

since this last update, defender keeps popping up when (re)booting. Can't find any option to disable this anywhere.
    Anyone else experiencing this aswell ?

7. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    As for me, I've tested this update on a couple of systems.. Nothing similar was reported.. lets wait for others' comments.. :eek:

8. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    That's strange indeed.

Anyone knows how to stop defender from popping up at boot ?

For the first time i thought, what the hell, i'm gonna let defender run, because of the great improvements m$ finally implemented.
    Now it seems that m$ is still gonna force me to disable the damn friggin peace of junk :D

9. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Dude I honestly think you've made a mistake somewhere.. :eek:

It's not a bug in Defender.. nothing similar was reported.. I suggest revising your work.. something must have made this thing happen.. :cool:

10. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    This is the add-on to run old .hlp files that are no longer supported since Vista launch.;)

Is a good way to see if the act@tors are running well, because you need to validate:eek: your W 7 to install it.

11. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Let's stay Organized..

As Validation for Windows 7 is not out already, testing this now would be useless.. Almost any Windows 7 system would pass validation.. Till after Oct 22 will validation start to count.. :rolleyes:

Besides, as we all know the Center is dedicated to testing updates not add-ons. For this reason, adding such an update would seem inconsistent.. Honestly, it's more of a codec to a player.. a codec that's not used much.. :eek:

Hope you understand, the Center is dedicated to test updates that hinder performance of system or activation status.. Adding an irrelevant add-on to the list of critical updates might result in confusion on part of some users.. :rolleyes:

Better keep it simple and straight forward.. The update has nothing to do with modifying system files and hindering activation status.. If it's for the validation, this can be checked in numerous ways... rather than adding an irrelevant add-on and result in confusions and inconsistencies.. ;)

Hope you understand our point of view..

We do respect your perspectives.. Genuine thanks again for feedbacking the Center. If you have any further clarification about the center that please let us know of it.. :)

Respectively.. :cool:

12. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
  13. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Can't think of anything. The only thing I altered in my setup when it started was doing this last released KB. Maybe mine was diferent :D

Just kidding ;)

No really, I didn't change anything else in my rig
    exept disabling defragmentation scheduling, but that couldn't have caused defender to pop up at every boot.

just checked again and rebooted. Still the same...really weird. I think m$ is engaged in the occult or something, and put some poltergeists or goalds in their OS. :p
    It would explain why Windows always has had a bit a mind of it's own :D

haunted by m$ hahaa

watch out folks, bill gates gonna steal your soul :D

14. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Thanks for reporting anyway.. ;)

Genuine Thanks.. :rolleyes:

15. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    :D The importance of reading more thoroughly right there :D:D;)

16. nortti

nortti MDL Novice

Oct 10, 2009
    Its possible integrate "Malicious Software Removal Tool" and "Windows denfender updates" ?

17. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Appreciated Indeed !

Trust me it happens.. ;)

Thanks again for reporting.. keep eyes peeled for any other update.. :eek:

Appreciated.. :eek:

18. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Why the Hassle?

As a matter of fact, it is possible.. But why the hassle? :confused:

Both Malicious Software removal Tool and Defender updates are always reported as safe.. They don't alter the system files..

Defender updates update Definition files of Defender only.. in rare cases upgrade the engine.. Most probably, it won't affect your system compatibilty or activation status.. Same applies to Malicious Software Removal Tool.. it's merely a small scanner.. doesn't edit your system files..Accordingly, why the hassle? :eek:

These updates are always safe people.. if proven otherwise, Center will be upgraded immediately to support them.. No worries.. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your feedback.. hope you got our point..;)