Microsoft Windows 7 Updates Compatibility Center

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Johny23, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    Dear Johny23, was not my intention to ask you to put this add-on at the Compatibilty Center.
    I just made an observation.

English is not my native language and I can sometimes be badly understood, please excuse me. :(

Congratulations for the great work that you have been doing, continue like this.:D

Sincerely...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
  3. SoLoR

SoLoR MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2008

after you install "whole package", you can check version of files and you will see it matches version from that KB article posted on 1st page (9.0.30729.4148 in case of C++ 2008 SP1). I assume this is full package and that are only updates if you have some older version installed. Remember you dont even need this packages unless some software you are using is compiled with that. However at the end of the day, it doesnt hurt to install them eather :)

4. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    From the KB

I'm going with these two as the full replacements, since 973552 does not require 973551 I think 973551 can be skipped.

KB973544 KB973552

5. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Links Added...

New official download links have been added for the following updates..

Updates:

• KB973923
    • KB973924

Credits to Solar ad Mr. Jinje.. :eek:

Genuine Thanks.. :rolleyes:

Keep up.. :cool:

6. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Thanks anyways..

7. searchengine

searchengine Guest

I agree ... it is not a crucial update; I only posted as it is officially available from MS.

btw- MS wanted WGA Plugin installed for it, prior to downloading.

8. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    True.. but WGA ain't on now for Windows 7.. not before 22 of October.. after that every click will count.. so better be cautious buddies.. ;)

9. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    #76 Mr Jinje, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
    Reason that update is not on windows updates is it only affects readers living in Japan who are viewing digital television via ISDB (which i assume is Japanese version of ATSC)

I would be curious to know if the scanning tool Windows Updates uses detects the presence of an ISDB tuner and only provides the updates to users who needs it.

10. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    #77 Johny23, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
    (OP)
    Good point Mr. Jinje.. could be true.. ;)

11. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Many thanx to you

You're very welcome bro.
    And many thanx to you for maintaining this thread, it definitely is one of the better and more important initiatives here on MDL, and indeed VERY usefull.

Doomsday has now passed on like a cool summerbreeze, exept for some using specific loaders like the orbit one. For all the hard-mods out there ;

RIGHT ON !!

Let's hope this trend keeps on going, and same goes for this unique thread.
    I for one, have a very healthy feeling of assurance that we will no doubt keep on succeeding in k**cking m$'s ass :D

12. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Annoucement: Some Surprise "Security Add-on" from Mr.Jinje? To be Added Shortly!!

Thanks for your compliment bro.. appreciated.. ;)

As for the efforts, they are not coming to an end any time soon, hopefully.. :rolleyes:

And yes, the show has just begun... And trust me.. we're going to rock out the show not because of our efforts, but because of your efforts MDL users.. So lift up to the base and keep up with the project..

Additionally, as I mentioned earlier, Windows 7 Updates Compatibility Center is a community work indeed.. Accordingly, I'd have the honor to announce that Mr.Jinje shall be joining us aboard and giving the Center's users a hand by supplying some worthy security add-on, which provides its users with the list of updates, safe and risky, when off-forums in addtion to download links.. :eek:

As some know, the add-on is ready, however, adding this worthy add-on to the Center shall be executed in a couple of days hopefully as it'll require updating the thread as a whole. :eek:

Towards the end, hope Center is lifting up to Expectations..

Respectively.. :cool:

13. 7_eleven.hell-hole_rider

Aug 15, 2009
    Towards the end, hope Center is living up to Expectations..

Great job everyone! And Yes this is definately living up to everyone's expectations, MAJOR Props to all!

i've been lurking watching this thread develop a life of it's own from day1, and wanted to say "living" forever, but figured what the hey, it's a world stage what do i know... but i had to say it today :p
    w/respect, jiz

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...