Microsoft Windows 7 Updates Compatibility Center

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Johny23, Sep 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009

Thanks again for your compliment buddy.. :rolleyes:

Appreciated... ;)

2. bapski

bapski MDL Novice

Oct 23, 2009
    hello everyone. first post but i have been lurking around for some time now. im just curious. i noticed you have some 2005, 2008 and some other updates that i dont see intalled on mine. do i need to install this updates?

ULTIMATE 64 BIT, CLEAN INSTALL, CERTIFICATE AND KEY INSTALLED (instructions from repository)

thank you.

3. steinom

steinom MDL Novice

Nov 9, 2008
    Impresive work done here, feals greate to be a part of this forum. Keep the good work going... :)

4. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    To keep stuff easy and simple for all our users, we're not going to recommend any update not listed in the update list of windows update. Simply, windows update checks your pc specs for the updates you need dear users, then you can verify these updates with the ones on the list to check if they are safe.. :rolleyes:

Don't go installing all updates listed as some of them might not be need in your case depending on your PC specs and OS type (x86 or x64).. :eek:

@steinom

Thanks for your compliment.. appreciated.. ;)

Sincerely.. :cool:

5. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    #85 Mr Jinje, Oct 27, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
    Except for Update # 12 :rolleyes:

Americans/Europeans can safely avoid #12 unless they are planning on traveling to Japan and want to watch HDTV through Media Center via ISDB Tuner. Even then, it appears more of an Hot-Fix than Critical Update.

6. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    You misunderstood me Mr. Jinje.. :p

I meant.. check for updates via Windows Update in Windows 7, copy the list, then verify it in the center.. don't go installing all updates in the list.. some are not needed based on your pc specs such as the tuner update.. :eek:

Sincerely :)

7. HamidFULL

HamidFULL MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2009
    Hah Great job! thanks :D

8. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Thanks for taking the time to compliment.. mostly welcomed bro.. :eek:

Stay tuned.. An update (addition) to the center is set due to Thursday.. make sure you tune in by then.. ;)

9. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    I tend to do that from time to time. :rolleyes:

10. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Excuse me Mr. Jinje.. I meant it in a positive way.. :eek:

Center is to be updated shortly.. as for adding your great Security add-on to the center.. this has been scheduled on Thursday if you don't mind it of course, when some changes to the main thread will occur.. :rolleyes:

By then, most users will be provided with protection whether they are on or off forums.. :cool:

11. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
  12. Pissa

Pissa MDL Novice

Oct 13, 2009
  13. Pissa

Pissa MDL Novice

Oct 13, 2009
    #96 Pissa, Oct 27, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
    About KB947821-v2:

The "installation" is quite long, it took several minutes to complete. At the end, the update will create a log file in \windows\logs\cbs folder called CheckSUR.log.

This is my log file:

=================================
    Checking System Update Readiness.
    Binary Version 6.1.7600.20532
    Package Version 6.0
    2009-10-27 20:03

Checking Windows Servicing Packages

Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs

Checking Package Watchlist

Checking Component Watchlist

Checking Packages

Checking Component Store

Summary:
    Seconds executed: 535
    No errors detected

I'm going to bed now, tomorrow morning have to go to work! :D

14. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    First, I should say good job on keeping up to date. Was wondering if we could track a few more things that might plausibly be helpful down the line.

1) Could we note which are "Important Updates" and which are "Optional Updates" Some people choose to avoid Optional Updates (like Silverlight)

2) Could we note when an update supersedes another update, for instance this week Update #13 replaces Update #4.

On number #4 maybe could say something like "Superseded by Update # 13 - KB975364" Likewise #13 could say. "Supersedes Update # 4 - KB973874" or something similar. Nothing complicated, just a simple reminder.

Figured if we started tracking this now, it would be a lot easier then to try and start later. As always I leave the final decision up to you.

15. Pissa

Pissa MDL Novice

Oct 13, 2009
    Imho it's better to cancel from the list the update supersedes, it's totally useless and it can create confusion between users.... it's not logic to download an "old" update, especially in an optics of future direct integration of the updates in the dvd.

Totally agree!;)

16. Tripa

Tripa MDL Member

Oct 6, 2009

I vote for Pissa's o Mr Jinje's proposal!

(although I don't know if this is a democracy :D )

17. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    All Suggestions Accepted: Expect a Major Update By Tomorrow

You got to say what you think is best for the center.. :eek:

And yes people, expect a big update by tomorrow, some vast and notable changes shall take place.. This inlcudes the following..

In short, all suggestions accepted! :)

Thanks to Mr. Jinje, Pissa, and all our contributors for feedbacking back the center.. keep up everyone.. :rolleyes:

Sincerely..:cool: