Might be a little off topic....

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by ThomasMann, Jan 26, 2017.

1. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    As a european I applaud at least one of Trumps decisions: He fired Nuland

If you do not know what that mean, I am not surprised, as speculation seems to be more than sufficient at mdl.
    Just look at the poll on top, none of the three answers will become fact
    The migration will be limited enough for his supporters to scream about it, as they always do... and it will not be enough for his enemies to scream about that, as they always do.... in america that is called democracy.

Somone tell me: Why is it that in forums like this one, there is plenty of threads against Trump, and not ONE SINGLE ONE about the actual question: What does it say about a democracy, that offers only a choice between and Hilary? And what, if anything, can be done about it?

Here is another example you might want to think about, although i doubt very much that you might want to...

[​IMG][/IMG]

2. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    It takes a conservative to congratulate an idiot, for he makes their prejudices and ideology "work"...

On the other hand, he already made you eat your words - but you being a conservative, you will never admit it...

The fact these photos depict your visions of what is 'degrading' - and that you "feel/think" they MUST be deemed as "common sense" - also speaks tons of you and your fellow conservatives, scared shi*less of thinking critically and radically at the same time...

All in all, democracy is slow, I grant you that - nevertheless, there is some kind of progress, since people are required to get some kind of ever longer lasting education and they also constantly vote and participate, even minimally, plus nowadays they do have alternative sources of quality and critically minded info - so most are not THAT stoopid, as conservatives - interestingly enough - constantly peddle and then - surprise, surprise - turn out to various forums to both bitch about and celebrate (how "clever" they are), in the same breath...

In any event, I feel sorry for such "intellectuals", who can't possibly find any humility in their enormous egos, in spite of all the facts before them (confused and totally brainless "Trump governance" so far), to have a change of mind and heart....

R.I.P. our "seriously thinking" and baselessly patronising philosophy professor...:rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    https://www.change.org/p/manhattan-...publish&utm_term=mob-xs-share_petition-no_msg

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
  5. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
  6. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    Have you read the DSM-V ? (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders version 5)
    Should you decide to, you will find that they have classifications for mental disorders into which every living human being can be put, and usually individuals actually fit into multiple categories.

I find that interesting and unnerving simultaneously...
    Which of course puts myself into yet another one of their categories.

Think about that. ;)

7. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    I’m not sure what the topic of this “a little off topic” topic is, but if it is about democracy, I’d add that it’s not part of its specification that a candidate with fewer total votes gets elected, or that his opponents refuse to accept the election results.

But then also the British voted in a people’s referendum to exit the EU, but now the MPs whom the people voted, have an overruling say about what the people voted. And this in accordance with highest court judgment! Which also brings what justice is into question…no, that was always under question.

Lastly, though I consider Trump a potential threat to international relations and peace, I nevertheless thanked the OP for the image that I find amusing nevertheless.

8. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    #8 gorski, Jan 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    JFK, that is always down to interpretation of what one "sees" and then implementing various principles in every concrete case is the ultimate bitch, whereby 2 psychologists do not have to agree upon a diagnosis or treatment...

But I really doubt many would flinch before concluding this guy has serious issues which might affect all of us, starting from a humongous conflict of interest (the "emolument" principle), which even this executive order proves badly - where he has business interests (Turkey, Egypt and SA), these guys are exempted wholesale, free to get to US, even though SA and Egypt, at least, are seriously guilty for "growing" and spreading fundamentalism worldwide etc.

Katz, only 30+% of British electorate voted to get out and then most were old but they were making decisions for generations to come with utter disregard for them, usually based on prejudices of old etc. Also, they were lied to feverishly and sociopathically to the bone and yet these a-holes who did it keep having a straight face on... Then, there is a typically British poorly conducted and rather uniformed public debate, then - but only after the referendum!!! - people would search online in largest numbers to ask about the elementary stuff in the debate/question of the referendum...

There are many reasons why this referendum only has "advisory" character... We'll see in the Parliament how it goes from here...

And in the US - on the streets and through the courts, primarily...

Gawd help us all...:sneaky:

9. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    #9 oldsh_t, Jan 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017

10. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    All this right-wing nasty, idiotic, short-circuited, tribal rubbish has nowt to do with me - I was critical about any and all conservative and thoughtless stuff Obama administration foisted upon us from the start... And he shouldn't really bitch about all that, as it seems he is all for it, so WTF?!?

As of all the issues this "clever dick" has - he should look it all up (i.e. all his "revelations") in Chomsky's work, from long ago... oh, and and ever so slightly well founded and coherent... unlike his ramblings...:rolleyes:

11. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Peeps are getting their panties in a big wad over something that will mean nothing in less than 3 months, why waste your time with this?

12. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Why? Dunno... Oh, wait, could it be it has something to do with "encouragement" from the political sphere and "change of spirit in the public arena", when it comes to "Muslim refugees/immigrants"?

Hmmmm.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38805163

13. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    #13 Joe C, Jan 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    Some Canadian nut job that in the news has everything to do with the U.S.
    You can't stop people from killing each other, if not a mosque then it probably would have been something else. This crap happens because our society has failed in providing help for these kinds of people
    Tell me....
    Why is it that when the Islamic jihadists kill a bunch of people, we never hear from the Imams or other Moslem leaders condemning these acts?

14. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
  15. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    well.... Duh!
    Wouldn't expect anything less, dumb wench deserved to get canned

16. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
  17. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Like these 'dumb Muslims' in Quebec "deserved to get canned"?

http://usuncut.com/news/fox-news-tweets-misinformation-white-supremacist-quebec-mosque-shooter/

http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/01/...quebec-mosque-attack-proves-need-ban-muslims/

Really? Honestly? No connection? We are all about "democracy" and "accountability" but right now - none? Is that the best "democratic culture and accountability" right-wingers can do right now? Seriously... when it comes to "Liberals" and "Progressives" - but when it comes to "Conservatives"... "all is fair in love and war" is "cool"?!?

Is that the current US "democratic culture" - unlike the one we know as the one that inspired the world, long time ago?

18. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    That all changed on 9-11-2001
    Wake Up!

19. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    It seems to me many Americans are now sleepwalking into yet another nightmare....

Btw, when I was a political asylum seeker in the UK - as a pro democracy activist in a Stalinist country - everything depended, at one point, not too dissimilar to this horror trump-garbage, on a judge who stood up to the UK Gov of the day and forbade them to throw us on the street, calling it "uncivilised".

So, YOU should wake up and smell the blood, sweat and tears around you (not "coffee"!) - to you, all this is "abstract" since you are not affected, but to many this is THE question, frequently of life and death!

20. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    Unfortunately you are correct.
    Bush's propaganda machine DID paint ALL Muslims with that very wide brush.

Now, show me a devout muslim who drinks Vodka and orange, snorts coke, and visits strip clubs.:rolleyes: