Might be a little off topic....

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by ThomasMann, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Really?
    Your making something of an issue that will be expired in less than 3 months.
    Anything else at this point about Trump would be on pure conjecture.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    Joe, put yourself in the position of one of the people affected by this.

How would you feel if you were forbidden to see your loved ones ?
    After all it is ONLY for less than 3 months.

( I am speaking of legal Muslim US Citizens who have gotten swept up in this executive order )

4. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    First, they were let board their planes etc. by his very own administration, i.e. all over the world, there was no problem with visas, green cards etc. Then, when they arrived - boom!!!

Sooooo... how idiotic and how mean...?!?

5. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    I actually have, My brother and his wife were stuck in St.Petersburg RU for 9 months before they could get back to the U.S. (His wife is Russian, and they own an apartment there) Did I go through suffering?.... no. I was concerned for them but they eventually did get back

6. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Islamic terrorists killed 5000 innocent people on 9/11/01, that's twice the number of U.S. military that were killed in the attack of Pearl Harbor. Have you no sense of justice? Maybe you are not a U.S. citizen, and you think only U.S. citizens were the only people killed on 9/11/01

7. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    EXACTLY how many of these so called islamic terrorists were responsible ?
    Why are you promoting condemning all muslims ?
    WHY did you inflate that number from 2,996 to 5,000 ?
    SINCE WHEN did islam promote drinking of alcohol, snorting of coke, and visiting strip clubs ?

Have you no sense of justice? Or are you just blind ?

8. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    I never stated anything about Muslims drinking, snorting or strip clubs.
    Why was there very little concern for Muslims in 2011 when Obama restricted their travel for 6 months here in 2011? Why is there such a stink when Trump restricts their travel for only 3 months?
    The real death toll:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_September_11_attacks
    I am no longer going to continue this debate with outsiders of the U.S. basically because it does not directly concern you.

9. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Joe, this isn't a good approach in an open forum of multi - cultural / nationals. Debate should be free for all to contribute to. If you wish to abstain from it there is no need to proclaim it in such a way as to invite what will inevitably become argumentative responses.

If this thread can't be debated in a decent way it will have to be closed.

10. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    Move goal posts much ?

So again Joe, why did you inflate that number ? :rolleyes:

Perhaps you didn't state anything about drinking snorting or fornicating, but many people who had first hand knowledge of the hijackers did, after the fact... In fact this is stated in several FBI reports and you would know this had you done your research before spouting off like you know everything.

So again I ask, where exactly does Islam promote those actions ?

And really ? wikileaks ? I had a college professor who failed anyone on site for using wikileaks as a reference.

( And no, I am not Muslim, In am an American and a former Marine. )

11. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    #31 Joe C, Jan 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    I included all that were involved in the death toll. I did use Wiki but I did not use Wiki leaks. I have no idea why your bringing up the things the Islamic terrorists did before they hijacked the air planes, I have no disputes either way. If they didn't kill anybody while they were partying then why would I care what they do? Islam religion does not promote those actions, but it does promote the death sentence for homosexuals,..ect. and anybody that they deem as an "infadel" according to their writings from their diety. I agree the majority of the Muslim population does not follow these teachings to the letter of their law but there are those few radicals that do. Even the Christian religion has had these nut jobs every once in a while too.

Edit: I am not against Muslim people in anyway, I just don't think that it should be that big of a deal to ban travel for 3 months after Obama has already done it for 6 months in 2011

12. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    Sorry, my mistake regarding wikileaks/wikipedia.

Regarding 2011, don't have a clue. Was dealing with my own health and economic crisis during that time period.

But some other points for you to ponder...
    Why did we decimate Afghanistan when 80% of the hijackers were not from there ?
    ( I suggest you look up a documentary titled "Taxi to the Darkside" and watch it. )

Why did we decimate Iraq when Bush publicly stated at a news conference that they had nothing to do with 9/11 ?

Face it Joe, Like it or not, WE are responsible for today's terrorist.
    ( and that is not even getting into the tainted Korans the CIA had printed up in the 70's and distributed throughout the middle east )

Just think what your position would be if the shoe were on the other foot and they killed millions of us.

THAT is what we MUST somehow "fix" before the world can be "normal" again.

13. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Face it JFKI... I am not disputing what we did back then was right. I am only stating that it's really not that big of a deal as the media is making this out to be. The media was quiet in 2011 and today the travel restriction is only for 3 months...sheesh get over yourselves

Personally I think this whole terrorists thing started back in the late 70's during the Iran crisis, and yes, the U.S. was responsible for that mess we created with the Shaw

14. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    #34 Michaela Joy, Jan 31, 2017
    @Joe C: I didn't mean to press like on your post. It was an accident.

The hostilities between Christianity and Islam are as old as the Crusades. And since its' inception, our CIA has been poking its' nose where it doesn't belong, undermining every government that is not "American Democracy".

To answer a question that was just asked about Afghanastan; Why did we bomb the crap out of it?
    Because their principal export is opium, and it's responsible for heroin addiction that rampant in the US.

Afghanastan was Russias' Viet Nam. They got their a$$es handed to them. And We (the CIA) helped Osama Bin Laden's Mouja Hadin beat the hind gunships by providing them with stinger missiles.

We do it. The Russians do it. The Chinese do it.

But don't get caught because if you do, you look like a monster in the eyes of the rest of the world.

"There are three sides to any story; Yours, Mine, and the real truth."

15. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    #35 Joe C, Jan 31, 2017
    Actually I believe MJ that after the Crusades the Muslims and Christians did get along peacefully for 100's of years. It wasn't until the end of WWII when the British decided to give Israel back to the Israeli's is when the conflict re-ignited.

The Israel/Palestine thing is a whole 'nuther debate thing that should go into a whole 'nuther thread

16. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    #36 gorski, Jan 31, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    No business of ours what the US is doing? Fine, so long as the US stops interfering everywhere and making it our business....

Any idea just where most refugees go? Neighbouring countries. Then EU. US? Haha!

Which parallel universe did you just beam from?

17. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @gorski: I have to agree with you. The USA should not interfere in the affairs of other countries.

Although we're sometimes asked to intervene, we should try to stay as neutral as possible.

@Joe C: The discord between Muslims and Westerners has been around for a lot longer than you think.
    The reason that it's gone unnoticed for so long is because most westerners were simply not allowed to go to those countries.

18. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    I disagree. That topic ( read as "can of worms" ) needs it's own forum.... HEAVILY moderated. :(

19. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Are you speaking of Muslims & Westerners Pre-WWI? My history is not up on that after the Cursades. As far as I know after the fall of Constantinople from the invasion of the Persians, Westerners were not welcome following the Crusades
    If your referring to Christians of Arab decent in the Middle East, hundreds are being slaughtered all the time right now today, That's more common that you might think

20. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015