Mirror print job to another printer?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by juanmanuelsanchez, Oct 1, 2018.

1. juanmanuelsanchez

juanmanuelsanchez MDL Junior Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Hi al l!

Here is the deal.

I have some ancient POS (Point of Sale) software that sends specific print jobs to a printer (the printer's name is hard coded). I want to be able to get those print jobs and mirror them to another printer.

Is there a way to do this in windows or with a third party software?

Any recomendations are welcome.

Thanks in advance !

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Normally, a good POS App will let you configure more than one Printer. That said, you'll need to be able to enter the config of the POS App and adjust to your need.

If you need more help, please post the correct Name of the POS App and its correct Version. Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. juanmanuelsanchez

Aug 21, 2009
    as I said its an ancient POS system. Its called RestBar and will not let me choose more than one printer for that specific task

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. juanmanuelsanchez

Aug 21, 2009
    The name as I said its RestBar and the version its the 15.09A

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You should contact the Developer!

7. juanmanuelsanchez

Aug 21, 2009
    Don't you think that if I'm asking in a forum it's probably because I already did that? The developer / distributor in my country already told me what I said.

There is no way to configure more than one printer.

And the printer's name is harcoded in the program

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  9. juanmanuelsanchez

Aug 21, 2009
    Ok first of all. I'm not using a demo version. Im using a licensed one and have been for the last 6 years.

Yes it lets you add printers. For kitchen and bar But not for billing. Which is actually what I need...

10. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    All POS App for Hospitality Business are able to use more than one Bill-Printer, besides Printers for Front- and Back-office, as well for Bar's and Kitchens in its licensed versions. All those apps are printing not bills only, they're also printing the different needed Reports for the Back-Office, all on its own printers. That could summarize to even more than 10 printers in total! The printers are connected by serial, parallel and USB ports

I didn't understand Spanish, the Language of your POS App, so even I downloaded the Demo for it and installed that App also need the Administrative Module installed extra on a Server and here the Printers are configured. On Front- Office/Desk, which handles the work for the staff, are just the Slip-Printer, same for Kitchen and Bars. For the Backoffice the printers are able to print out any of the jobs: billing, Reports and all others. Just, to get all of that working, you need to have the POS installed on a Server. The workstations are using just a Runtime of the POS, connected to the server and having the needed printers installed: Billing for Front Desk, Order for Bar and Kitchen and so on! All the staff of the Hospitality Business also mainly configured on the Server only with assigned Username and Passwords, which the user using form within the Workstations to connect. Depend on the Level, they could do their work from within the for them assigned workstations.

If you use a Single User config, without a Server, you could not do what you like to do! The minimum is 1 Server and 1 Workstation for the app to work fully.