missing slp after mod

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Learner, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Learner

Learner MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2008
    #1 Learner, Oct 31, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
    Adding more slp strings

Hi,

It was suggested by 911medic that you could add 4 or 5 slp strings into bios.

I tried the following 5:

ASUS_FLASHDell SystemDell ComputerHewlett-PackardToshiba

but only 3 get added with the 2 dell strings missing.

I then tried these 4:

ASUS_FLASHDell SystemToshibaHewlett-Packard

but still only 3 get added with dell missing.

So is 3 the limit for my bios then?

Is there a way I could add the dell one cos I need that one too for compatibility.

I read somewhere that you could just use "Hewlett" instead of "Hewlett-Packard". Would that still be valid? And would that make room for 4 strings?

Or any other easy way apart from manual mod? :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Like I said, it is dependent on bios type and room available for resizing. If you do it manually you can add more than the tools, as you could alter where the strings were placed. Just add the Dell strings if you need them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Learner

Learner MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2008
    Yes I guess I just have to sacrifice one of the other one cos I use dell PC.

About the "Hewlett-Packard"... can we just write "Hewlett" and it would still be valid (even though that's not gona make room for more strings)?

4. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    It will be valid for some OEMBIOS files and not others. The Server 2003 files need Hewlett-Packard, AS do the WHS..If you have Dell System in teh bios, you need not worry about WHS, as this is valid..

5. Learner

Learner MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2008
    Thanx for info.