Mixing and Matching

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by freemyggle, Apr 6, 2011.

1. freemyggle

freemyggle MDL Junior Member

Mar 29, 2011
    I have an HP Pavilion DV2000 computer with a fried NVidia graphics chip and also a Compaq Presario F700 with a badly cracked screen. On a very small budget (too small to reball and/or reflow the graphics card or replace the cracked screen), I am considering putting the F700 Mobo into the DV2000 chassis to be linked up with the DV2000's good display screen. The F700 has an obviously bigger chassis, but the mobo does not always fill the space inside.

Does anyone know if the Mobo's are similar in size? I can probably make all the modifications if I can fit the F700 mobo into the smaller DV2000 chassis. I'd appreciate any feedback I can get, and if I do decide to go ahead and begin the surgery, I will keep you all posted of my progress and/or failures.

Peace

2. sml156

sml156 MDL Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Since they are both screwed up why don't you tell us after you try

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. freemyggle

freemyggle MDL Junior Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Well i was planning to if I commit to such an endeavor, but I wanted to conduct some research prior in the event any MDL members have experience doing these kinds of things.

4. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    You might have to duct tape the board, I don't think it will match up with the screws.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. sml156

sml156 MDL Member

Sep 8, 2009
    I actually like doing stuff like that the fist thing I would do is google the maker and model of the computers and add " support motherboard manual " so that I would not get those crappy sites trying to sell stuff