Mod BIOS ABIT IP-35 Pro and ABIT iX38 Quad-GT please help

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by vwgolfman, Dec 18, 2007.

1. vwgolfman

vwgolfman MDL Junior Member

Nov 5, 2007
    I am looking for a modded BIOS for these two Motherboards:

Abit IP-35 Pro.
    ABit iX38 Quad-GT.

I have searched this forum but cannot find any reference.

Please please help if you can.

Many thanks indeed.

2. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
    Thank you very much 911medic, great job, I'm real impressed how fast you did that for me! I'll test it, and reply for shure. I found out that the files created by modbin6 don't consist the usual files. The RSDT string seems to be stored in the xgroup.bin but looks like that:

ßßßßf=RSDT.„u.f=XSDT.„k.f=FACS.„5.f=DSDT.„+.¿.ðŽß¿*xf‹=fW&gf...&gf‰7f_&gfƒG..3ÀŽØèö.ë8.¿.ðŽß¿*xf‹=fƒÇ$&gf‹?fƒÇ$f=FACS :confused:

Possible that I could have had to decompress and mod it with IDA.

the best regards, respect!

5. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    No..These tools are not necessary any more. Ancient methods.

You need cbrom, hex editor, isa or slic files, and some knowledge of the module layout.

Modbin is not used to my knowledge. It causes damage to the bios file..

I don't use it..for a long while now..

Use cbrom and extract the acpitbl.bin if yuo want to do a superstatic mod..

We do ISA[1,2,3,4], SSV1, SSv3, OEM7, and 0+2 mods. See the mod bios thread for a bit more info..

6. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
  7. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
  8. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
    all options available, even abit uGuru :D thank you!

9. aryavat

aryavat MDL Novice

Jan 26, 2009
    bios 14 abit x38 quad GT failed.

I know its not the best thing to do - but not being very tech savvy and having not understood fully how to flash from USB, I flashed my Abit IX38 quad GT with bios rev 14 from windows flash utility.

the comp hung in the middle of the process and now all the restarts after clearing the CMOS, the computer cannot go beyond post code 7F, where the screen displays press F1 to continue and Del to enter setup. My wireless keyboard input is not captured at this point to be able to try the keys.

what are my options -- anyone... please dont answer on the lines of what I should or should not have done - I already learnt my lesson.

Thanks

10. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Try to flash another bios. get a backup from the abit site, or try to flash this bios from dos. You will need an os2 keyboard from the sounds of it, most usb mouse and keyboards have an adapter as part of the package. Wireless, you will not be able to use.

You will have to hook up a keyboard with the adapter. Then go through recovery procedures FROM DOS. :D

Dos is not scary, it is more stable than windows, and it is where the bios operates..it is in its right environment. The WINFLASH is not good.IMHO.

To flash from flash drive, just boot with the drive in, enter boot menu, boot from flash drive, and type the awdflash commands.<<<<DONE>>>

11. aryavat

aryavat MDL Novice

Jan 26, 2009
    #12 aryavat, Jan 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
    Awesome - Thank you for the advice. I will try it like you said. I was afraid I would have to physically replace something. I will let you know how it goes. Will see what my options for bios flash are, once I can get a keyboard recognized. For USB flash I will have to go change the boot order (which i cannot do rt now - inactive keyboard but may be able to with ps2). I had actually tried the USB boot once. Spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to do it, but then when I actually tried it, it went to a DOS prompt and I had no idea as to what commands to type in.

P.S. - I will try to find the guidelines on how to boot from Dos as i have not done it ever before. Is there a good link you could suggest?
    Thanks again.

12. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
  13. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
    if the keyboard doesn't work, add the commands for flash in the autoexec.bat ;) good luck!

14. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
    IX38QuadGT SLP B6F0EEFD (Dell)

Hi,

I've modded my own bios with dell isa(2) for IX38QuadGT, but with OEMBIOS.EXE it shows no activation possible with WinXP. I guess I'd need to inject the SLP for Dell, but don't know how to do it for award bios. I've found a lot of stuff for AMI BIOS. Can you help me? Which tools are reqiured? I got the XPCD files for:
    DELL (OEMBIOS CRC=B6F0EEFD)
    CODE
    'f000','e076','0010','Dell System'
    'f000','e840','0010','Dell Computer'
    'f000','49a9','0010','Dell System'
    'f000','e05e','0010','Dell System'
    'f000','e838','0018','Dell Inc'

How can I solve the implementation? Please help.

PS: I had a bad flash too: a friend of mine has the same mainboard, I booted up with his PC, removed the BIOS chip (with a thin needle in the corner of the socket), plugged in mine, and succesful flash the full BIOS *S* again.

15. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    You dont want to use a web flash anyhow. When the site is sorted out, the files come with a dos tool to use...

Reset the bios to defaults to see if the clock gets back to normal..

16. abeeftec

abeeftec MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2009
    So the Bios is back to defaults now. Same thing. But the Bios says that it is running at 3003(333)Mhz.Its CPUZ that says 2046mhz Just so you know the one thing that I did see...... When I had CPUZ on it was mainly saying that it was 2046Mhz and x6 multiplier... Then once every 45 seconds or so(but was very random)it would shoot to around 3004 or 3006Mhz with a muliplier of x9. And that for only about a flash so you could see it and then back to the former setting.

It does say that it is @3.00 on alot of other programs but I am not sure they are measuring the CPU or just displaying what it is by model type.

I was thinking.... I remember overclocking this last year and I was concerned about the multiplier jumping to x9.5 from x9 and a friend told me that was not really happening that it was just a glitch that would be fixed more then likely in a Bios update. Then when reading recently I saw that was taken care of in newer Bios versions then the one I have. That is why I wanted to flash this in the first place. So I was thinking that maybe this is related to this Bios and it needs an update

Is it possible that this is just an issue that was taken care of in Bios updates after the first Bios 13? And thanks for the response 911medic! appreciated!

17. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Yep..Probably a buggy bios you have and an update will fix. You can add the SLIC/SLP and flash the new bios..If you can download it..:D

18. abeeftec

abeeftec MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2009

911MEDIC,
    Your the BESTEST EVER!
    I mean that because I never been on a forum where someone responds in a few minutes other then someone answering after days while 10 idiots that didnt even read your post give you answers to things you didnt even post about because they learned how to speed read on some shifty website and believe they can understand the issue by reading 3 words they recognized in your post! BREEEEEAAAAAAATHHHHH,lol

Anyway,
    Is there somewhere that i can get a bios? I noticed one in this thread and someone said it was Bios19?
    I downloaded it and I have it but I dont know what to do with it other then the quickflash that comes with my mobo disc.
    Will it work with the quickflash tool? Ive done this with every Bios and it has never given me a problem. But I dont want to take any chances if there is a safer way. This pc is scoring 22,000 plus on 3dmark 06 when its clocked at 3.9. But I will not even try to overclock until I know that its really sitting on default clocks.

Thanks for your help!