Mod BIOS ABIT IP-35 Pro and ABIT iX38 Quad-GT please help

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by vwgolfman, Dec 18, 2007.

1. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Where did you download the bios?? There should be an AWDFLASH and ABITFAE.bat files in the archive. If not, it may not be official. Most Bios updates download with DOS flash tools. Can you upload the bios archive to a file server and I will look at it....everything you have downloaded.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. abeeftec

abeeftec MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2009
    Sorry for being so bleak in my question...

I guess I can word it so its clearer because I am not sure when I read my post what I was asking....

I am about to install windows 7 64 bit RTM And I am wondering if the Bios 14 SLIC is something that is necessary for it or will the standard Bios 14 work for me? What is meant by activation for windows vista/7?

I just want my pc to have the best performance possible and as far as the Bios goes and dealing with DOS I am clueless. If the SLIC Bios is different or modded from the abit sites bios14 then obviously I would like to use it. But if it is no different then I wouldnt see the point of using it. What is that and what is its affect on the Bios? I am not really understanding this thread I suppose. It seems that everyone that posted in it has a base knowledge of what is being said. I dont even know what a SLIC is or the tools needed to flash it the way it is being stated in posts in this thread. The only flashing I have ever done is the flashtool from ABIT. Other then that I know nothing about it. I just know that I am not taking this PC to have it done for 200 dollars at some store! lol

thanks for your patience with me! I just dont know much about bios issues.

4. abeeftec

abeeftec MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2009
    #25 abeeftec, Nov 9, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
    This is the END of this thread :)