Mod Dell Poweredge 2900 server with Phoenix Bios Mod help/info

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by phishin4dmb, Apr 27, 2012.

1. phishin4dmb

phishin4dmb MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2008
    Hey all:

So I am a complete nube at this and I believe I have gotten to the point of being able to pull this off. Here is what I want to achieve and what I have accomplished. I would like to NOT brick my comp :) But everything thing seems like a GO.

What I want:
    1) Enable PIC Express 16 (Which it has)
    2) Enable WOL from bio (Nic can do this as well)

What I have accomplished

1) Used Phoenix Bios Mod Tool V1.9.4
    A) Used "PE2900_BIOS_WIN_2.7.0.EXE" Clicked -->"GO"
    B) INFO: Attempt to see if old dell bios by extracting HRD. I click "YES" (I dont ensure memory sizes as I cant figure out how to"
    C) INFO: It give me command line options
    D) INFO: Attempt to see if Dell Server BIOS by extracting HDR file. I click "YES"
    E) INFO: Pubkey in 00_28.ROM (x1) Marker (2.1) (DELL PE_SC3) in 00_27.ROM (x1) I click "OK"
    F) I load the SLIC file "DELL.BIN" I click "GO:
    G) INFO: SLIC performed successfully. BIOS file is D:\Phoenix tool 194\Dell Hack Bios\PE2900-020700C_SLIC.hdr I click "OK"
    H) I click on "Verify" the log just puts a couple module entries
    I) Status says "SUCCESS"

So there you have it. I am to the point where I can flash my new BIOS but I really need to get more input into what other things I need to do to do this properly.

If I read correctly I don't need a RW file? ANY and all input would be greatly appreciated. Also anything I did wrong and or proper action that I should do as well. View attachment SLIC.txt Thanks all

Attached Files:

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    make 2 versions.. one with readwrite report .. one without.. use biosflsh.exe from the Dell Openmanage Deployment Toolkit to flash it

3. phishin4dmb

phishin4dmb MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2008
    Thanks LatinMcG:

From what I have supplied and the slic bios log I assume everything seems good to go? The Readwrite report was the one thing that that I couldn't figure out how to do. The instructions and info werent clear to me and I was not able to make one. Could you point me in the right direction on how to do this and or the proper application to use.

thanks

4. phishin4dmb

phishin4dmb MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2008
    I got it all up and working with the RW file but now I get a "Error 13 could not find any recognizable digits". Good times So much to learn about bios tweaking :) Thanks for any headings