Mod Your Own Bios / Discussions on BIOS Transcoding

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by hellohello, Jul 12, 2007.

1. angelofdeath

angelofdeath MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2008
    i have a award bios in gigabyte GA-945GCMX-S2 mobo .. i saved the bios from the manufactuirers provided utility and then applied ISA to it using CBROM .. when i added ISA to it it only shows 76.6% complete ........ and not 100% . and then i again took the fresh bios file and used the 4b method ppubkey and bbmarker it tells 100% complete both times i flashed it on my bios installed OEM vista ultimate and when i logon .. its not activated ....

why is it happening ??? ISA it says 67.6 % complete and when i use 4b bethod it doesn't work ... can someone pleaseeeeeeeee help me and tell where am going wrong ?????

2. warp-10

warp-10 MDL Novice

Jan 29, 2008
    isa method will not show 100% but it works fine

3. akkman

akkman MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2008
    Yen,

Thank you for the excellent information. I have followed along with your guide for Phoenizbios on my Sager 5720 BIOS. I had no trouble until I get to

-Search for "RSDT" and if present "XSDT" string.
    Overwrite string next to "RSDT" and "XSDT" with your OEM table and OEM table ID you want.
    They are usually found at BIOSCOD1.ROM file. Save changes.

I am sorry to ask but what is the OEM table and OEM table id? Are they needed for the new BIOS to work?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Akkman

4. HOUSE

HOUSE MDL Novice

Feb 17, 2008
    Edit.

THX for all the Tools, Tutorials, and our Hard work.
    I patched my Bios (Asus Crosshair v0804).

At my First try i bricked my Bios-Chip. -> blackscreen . I bot my a new Bios-Chip and redux my bricked Chip.

Now everthings all right :) I have a patched bios , and 2 efficiend working Bios-chips (one to change or to learn)

i´m happy

cheers

HOUSE

5. dannon

dannon MDL Novice

Feb 15, 2008
    Gigabyte GA-7VT600 BIOS Help

Got a Gigabyte GA-7VT600 1394 motherboard. Want to mod bios for Vista activation. Followed the tutorial, but got an error:

D:\BIOMOD>cbrom 7VT600FF7.bin /ISA iasus.bin
    cbrom V1.82 [04/11/07] (C)Phoenix Technologies 2001-2007
    Can't open iasus.bin file

not sure what I am doing wrong. I don't have a file called iasus.bin anwhere in the tools I downloaded.

I can post the file if someone would like to MOD it for me....

6. Habu

Habu MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2008
    i have an A8v-x with Ami bios. This morning, i downloaded utilites (normal and Fc version) to make my owne mod bios, but i have a virus alert from Kaspersky, that files contain a Trojan.

Can someone confirm that file are infected, or that is a false alert ?

How knowing that my bios is Fc or not ?

7. thezman

thezman MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2008
    i have the same message .. with kaspersky , avira, and nod.. please confirm this is okay id love to use this tool i also have a ami bios

8. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    There is a known false-positive. Please describe the issue more precisely and give me the link to the tool you mean, please (just to make really sure we talk about the same thing).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. thezman

thezman MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2008
    well kaspersky and avira flag it as soon as i got to download it. i turned off kaspersky and downloaded it and the only way i can work with the files or even look at them is by leaving kaspersky or avira turned totally off..

also can someone please help i posted in the main forum but i need to make the backup .rom to add the slic files to but i simply can not seem to find a tool to let me do that.. please help me out. thanks ... ami bios on sony vaio intel mobo d915gag.. thank you so much for any help

10. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    As ancestor(v), said is this AMI_SLIC3-0930 or ASUS_AMI-FC10 ? and they are false-positives i have use both programs and i run symantec antivirus corporate.

11. thezman

thezman MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2008
    it was ami_slic3-0930

12. crazyPC

crazyPC MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2008
    Hi Yen.. I am having trouble using the method 3 of AMI BIOS patching (AMI BIOS with FC Module). I am trying to use ASUS_AMI-FC10 to patch the ASUS bios for ASUS MAXIMUS FOrmula 0907. It gives me the error "Cant find configure lock in module 1b". Please advice on how to go forward. Thanks

13. 2centsworth

2centsworth MDL Senior Member

Feb 12, 2008
    Is it possible to add a Dell XP SLP option to the AMI GUI mod tools listed in the beginning of this thread?

14. qpok

qpok MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2008
    Is it possible to add the certificate to retail dvd ISO-file before installing? So that the certificate doesn't have to be installed afterwards.

So if I replace the file "\sources\pkeyconfig.xrm-ms" on install DVD with the Asus certificate I can use the OEM-serial right away at install?