Modded Asus P5N32-E Bios and Win XP Pro - What Happens?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by -Jim-, Aug 27, 2009.

1. -Jim-

-Jim- MDL Senior Member

Aug 10, 2009
    #1 -Jim-, Aug 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    On your Xp - no need to worry you'll be ok. But i've not seen any programs for back-ups be 100% Win 7 ready - (yet).

Someone will answer your question on the correct method for flashing that MoBo. I can say you need to flash it from DOS :D and not from within windows. Switches can be helpful on certain mobo's. But most of it is automated as far as the actual flash goes.

3. ammarman

ammarman MDL Member

Jul 17, 2009
    BECARFUL! the moded bios is in the Windows Vista forum which means it's moded with SLIC 2.0 not 2.1

4. -Jim-

-Jim- MDL Senior Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Thanks for being so observant :eek:

I guess I'll need to post it in Bios requests for Win7.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. whitehat2009

whitehat2009 MDL Member

Aug 1, 2009
    I'm using Acronis True Image Home 2009 (is that v11?) on my Win7 x86 system without any issues, at least as far as I can see.

When flashing a modded bios, it's recommended that you clear the CMOS. Just read the help/instructions for your particular BIOS flashing tool.

6. -Jim-

-Jim- MDL Senior Member

Aug 10, 2009

Thanks for the inputs Gents. I figured XP would not be affected but it's nice to hear that from others.

I'm quite familiar with Flashing Bios for my various Boxes (and those I build for other folks) and clearing CMOS. My concern is the use of "switches" as mentioned in various posts I read. I don't understand their purpose for this job.:confused:

One of the 3 methods on my P5N32-E SLI allows me to boot directly to do a Bios Upgrade with no need to go into DOS, or Windows => although I can upgrade using those as well. I'm thinking of using the direct method as it is rock solid.

Acronis True Image Home 2010 is supposed to be officially Win7 capable but is Acronis True Image Home 2009 ?

7. -Jim-

-Jim- MDL Senior Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Gents,

I couldn't wait any longer.:eek: Ammarman modded and posted the Bios for my Motherboard (Thx!) and I didn't hear back on the "switches" so I just Flashed my Bios in the ususal manner and it seems to have worked!

Thanks for the help and feedback Folks. No onto finding Win7 64 based applications!:D