Modding Asrock P67 Fatal1ty Professional UEFI

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Maximal, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Maximal

Maximal MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2012
    Hi

I just bought a new Mainboard (Asrock P67 Fatal1ty Professional) and I wanted to modify the BIOS. I did this to 2 other Mainboards (ASUS M2N and some Asus AM3 Mainboard) by just downloading the modified BIOS Files from a German Board and then flashing the BIOS. Unfortunately this Board does not offer this service anymore, which is why I am here at MDL.

I read through most of the stickys and downloaded the newest BIOS file (3.1). I wanted to reply to the Bios Request Thread, but then I found out that this Mainboard uses something called UEFI. After looking up UEFI i found out that I probably have to mod this UEFI using Phoenix Tools. But the tutorial only names 3 types of BIOS's, but the one I downloaded is a .exe file, that i can't unpack using 7-zip/WinRar . I have no idea how to insert SLIC 2.1 to this UEFI.

Could you please help me?

You can download the UEFI/Bios file here: Sorry I am not able to post the Link :/

Regards Max

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. Maximal

Maximal MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2012
    I feel like a jerk now, but thank you for your reply. I used the Google Search and did not find anything useful.

4. Maximal

Maximal MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2012
    This topic really makes me feel stupid, but I have another question. My mainboard has not arrived yet, but I won't have a computer until my new one is finished so it'd be very nice if the whole bios update thing would work right away from the start. I downloaded the file from 555LE and unziped ist. It contains a .xrm-ms file and two .10 files. The P67PE3.10 probably is the unmodified BIOS and the P67PE3_SLIC.10 should be the BIOS with the SLIC 2.1 mod. Can i just put this .10 file on an USB-flash-drive, open up the UEFI and updatet from there, like I always used to do or is there another way?

Thank you very much for you support

Max

5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    There is a option named 'Instant Flash' in ASRock EFIs to flash the efi. First flash the original one, then the modded. Just place the files in the root of a FAT32 formatted pen drive.

6. Maximal

Maximal MDL Novice

Sep 10, 2012
    Thank your very much again :)