Modifying Windows 10: NTLite, MSMG Toolkit and others

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by YOUNEEDTOLOGINTOVIEWTHIS, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    It's just a cmd with txt in it, just right click and select edit or view ;):D

2. lgj1952

lgj1952 MDL Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. YOUNEEDTOLOGINTOVIEWTHIS

YOUNEEDTOLOGINTOVIEWTHIS MDL Junior Member

Feb 18, 2018
    #24 YOUNEEDTOLOGINTOVIEWTHIS, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    (OP)
  4. moistbuns

moistbuns MDL Novice

Jan 30, 2015
    They're both the same sort of thing.

NTLite is friendlier on the end-user front but component removal in the free variant is kinda stinted. If you can afford a copy then it should help avoid botched ISOs considering it's comprehensive in listing dependencies and explaining what everything does.

MSMG is simpler, terminal-esque interface. If you chuck a list of components at it it'll strip them out for you - but you're working with package names, what you can dig up on Google about each one and long wait times with DISM. For what its worth though, its good software. Just takes a little getting used to it at first.

There's also WinReducer but it didn't leave a great impression on me personally. The interface looks like a GeoCities website rammed into an executable. Doesn't seem to scan source ISOs either.

5. kbal

kbal MDL Junior Member

Mar 17, 2015
    Winreducer is also a good removal tool.

6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    When you like to have to hit the "not activate" buttons every time you run a command ;) All chopping leads to unstable installs or future problems.

7. kbal

kbal MDL Junior Member

Mar 17, 2015
    I don't find the activation request annoying, if you do you can always just buy the software.

I'm using Winreduced OS on my tablet and I haven't had a single problem in the last 8 months. I removed Antivirus, Firewall, update... i use 3rd party software for that. On my main PC I'm using a non-stripped Win OS install, and that's where I have the problems (start not working, driver update raping me with some s**tty bluetooth audio soundcard update that messes vol buttons...)

8. dummekuehe

dummekuehe MDL Senior Member

Jan 11, 2009
    don't bother with the free ntlite version
    its utterly useless for component removal. everything that's remotely interesting is greyed out in the free version

9. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Realy try it on a iso not a live system and come again then ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. foo3495

foo3495 MDL Senior Member

Nov 6, 2015
    obviously you have not used it enough
    the free version does all i need to do anyway, without making it bones

11. plasmah77

plasmah77 MDL Novice

Apr 3, 2016
    I recently downloaded Ntlite and honestly don't like it. I love MSMG Toolkit and never had a problem with it. I have stripped many ISO's using it and I have had nothing but smooth solid unbloated success!

12. nimdas

nimdas MDL Member

Oct 14, 2020
    is it necessary to use debloatscript after msgm toolkit
    or is toolkit enouth

13. only one either msmg or debloat script or any other . its your choice to try all & save only one which worked best at your side for future use.