Monitor restarting again and again

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by soamz, Jun 23, 2014.

1. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012
    Burn it and boot from / with it. Then run the tests.

:)

2. soamz

soamz MDL Senior Member

Mar 12, 2011
    You mean, boot this DVD and follow the screen steps ?
    Or burn it and then start windows and then start this DVD ?

3. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    is clearly said boot from it

4. soamz

soamz MDL Senior Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Okay so boot from it.

And it does everything automatically and shows the result or we have follow their steps or something ?

Any youtube video for it ?

5. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012
    After booting from the CD you will have multiple options, like:

1.) go to: "Browsers / File Managers" => and choose "Mini Windows Xp", which will run the OS directly from the CD and if your problems persists, then it's most likely not driver / software - related.

2.) go to: "Testing Tools" => and choose "CPU/Video/Disk Performance Test 5.7", which will basically test the mentioned hardware.

3.) go to: "Testing Tools" => and choose "Video Memory Stress Test CE 1.21", which will test your Video Memory.

6. Dark Knight

Dark Knight MDL Senior Member

Jul 14, 2013
    #46 Dark Knight, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
    Wow, I cannot believe 5 pages for something this simple......

1.) If you are over clocking your system I recommend setting everything back to factory specs.
    2.) Make sure the driver for the card is up to date and no one else is experiencing problems with the driver.
    3.) Make sure the card itself was not damaged on installation.
    4.) Make sure your monitor is a newer model, I've seen this happen when people try to use graphics cards on older monitors.

If, after that it still gives you problems, remove the card, box it back up and return it to where you purchased it and get a new one, there is obviously a defect in the one you bought.
    Graphics / Video cards are plug and play, you shouldn't have to tear your hair out getting one to work or diagnosing it, if it doesn't work initially and you are sure you bought one compatible with your system and monitor, pull it out , return it and get a new one.

If after setting your cpu back to system specs (if you over clock) and it does work, I would recommend over clocking a little at a time with time in between settings to see where it causes the card to wig out, then just back off a little bit.
    If I were a betting man I would say it's the monitor, this happened to me a few years back with an Nvidia card, I was using a flat screen monitor and thought I was safe because it was only about 3 years old, well think again, when the problem occurred and I found out I had the latest drivers and was getting ready to pull the card, just for giggles I changed the monitor to a newer model and it worked.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Wazoo

Wazoo MDL Addicted

Nov 5, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. soamz

soamz MDL Senior Member

Mar 12, 2011

Okay so boot to Mini XP ?
    Then ?

Its showing me windows XP screen now, whats next ?

9. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012
  10. soamz

soamz MDL Senior Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Just started thism
    "Testing Tools" => and choose "Video Memory Stress Test CE 1.21",

Lets see

11. soamz

soamz MDL Senior Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Its still going on since 18 hours. I think, I should stop it and check :

"Testing Tools" => and choose "CPU/Video/Disk Performance Test 5.7"

12. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012
    Yeah.

How did Mini-XP go ? Did you experience the same issues ? If not, then it looks more and more like a Driver- / Software-Issue.

13. soamz

soamz MDL Senior Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Mini XP went good.
    No issues, it did not stop for 2 hours, but I can test it again and let you know.

14. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012
    It would be possible easier / faster to do a fresh install of Windows. There seems to be something wrong with the install, otherwise Mini-XP would give you the same issues, if it would be hardware-related, at least if it would be GPU-related.

15. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    I can remember a friend of mine who experienced same problem in the past. Only to change the graphic card for the specific configuration and he never experienced it again. I think he should check the graphic card adapter. There must be something wrong with it.