Monitoring a website

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by stephenjones007, Feb 17, 2015.

1. stephenjones007

stephenjones007 MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2011
    I was wondering if there is a software that can monitor a specific page of a website that I need to log in and check for changes. I do not own the site, basically just want to give the program my login info and the page to monitor and have it send an email once a change in content is detected. Thanks. I tried searching but it seems most donnt allow login or are actually for site admins.

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Most of the todays good websites are secured. Those apps you're looking for are prohibit for private use. There still a few around but I wouldn't give that infos, sorry.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dj-nitehawk

dj-nitehawk MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2013
    well... i own changemon.com and i've looked in to implementing support for access restricted pages but it is actually not easily achievable since different sites use different methods for logging in.

you can however monitor a restricted site if they provide a public rss feed for the content you are interested in.

if your target site provides an rss feed, just chuck the feed url in changemon.com and you're away...