More proof that Microsoft Windows Defender / MSE suck badly

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by ian82, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Wow! Nearly 50% of the scanned Items are potential threads! Not bad!!Maybe it would be a good idea to turn Defender Off?

I do every Friday night an scan of all my computers with the latest version of Cure IT from FreeDrWeb which is the only AV Apps I using on my systems and just a very few instances of infection over the last few years while using Defender after a new Windows installation for a few days get many "Potential Threads" at every scan while ALL of them just false positives! My real system protection, which runs 24/7 is my semi Hardware Firewall (Smoothwall running on and 486 between Modem and router) which blocks most (nearly all) attacks from outside!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. kumaramy

kumaramy MDL Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Ok. Is there any way to use Kaspersky Pure 3.0 for free (cracked) for 1 year ?? because some says that it is certified so I want to use it. I am also finding the way to use trail of Pure 3.0 again and again every month.

3. Weedy

Weedy MDL Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Unfortunately Gdata don't appear to do a free version. How does AVG fare against this big pile of malware? :p

4. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. =)(=

=)(= Guest

I installed F-Secure now.. seems good so far. But I am not gonna scan that virus archive again, it takes ages and the AV's starts to lag and be unresponsive. As you can see GData needed more time to scan the archive then Windows Defender but it had better detection rate, because it uses bitedefender + in house engine:)

6. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    so 2-in-1.....shampoo + conditioner :shisha:

7. RawData

RawData MDL Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Popups? Not seen here. Never thought do get rid of them? :movingtongue:

Avira is not bad, but because of too many false positives, I don't use its "realtime protection" to waste resources.
    I scan manually new files with Avira and move clean ones to another folder for installing.

After my "AV-Test" HD died, I've not bothered to collect new samples and test AV softwares. I'm just used to have Avira rather than nothing. Then again, I'm not completely careless while browsing... :innocent:

8. Weedy

Weedy MDL Member

Mar 9, 2011
    I know that the popups can be disabled with a few workarounds, or by editing certain files. However this shouldn't be required. I shouldn't have to go delving into the depths just because the program wants to annoy me.

9. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013