Motherboard helppp!!!!

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Deleted member 185298, Feb 20, 2011.

Lol i have :)

1. #22 Deleted member 185298, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2011
    (OP)
    I've done everything successfully but im still confused about one thing, and that is the USB and Firewire ports. I know which is which but on the motherboard itself it just says F USB 1 and F USB 2. Both the ports are yellow and my USB and Firewire cables fit into each perfectly. The manual doesn't seem too tell me anything else that's useful either. It lists them both as F USB 1 and F USB 2 and says be careful with the polarity of the front USB connector.

Anyone got any ideas which goes where?

Also, theres a card reader type thingy on my computer which reads Memory sticks, SD cards and stuff, and the cables like 5 pins but one is empty. Anyone got any idea where that goes? I'm not even sure it was plugged in in the first place, it never worked :)

2. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Yes, both the yellow ports you mentioned are USB. Use one of them for the front USB connectors and the other for the card reader thingie. If the card reader thingie only has a single row of pins on its plug, then it fits to one side of one of the USB connectors. Make sure it is pointed the correct direction, the plug and connector both have a pin missing, that should guide you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. #25 Deleted member 185298, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2011
    (OP)
    Thanks dude ;)

4. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    If the racket is coming from your heatsink it doesn't surprise me. You have a Prescott processor there I think, one of the biggest
    power hogs and hottest running chips in history. Not much you can do there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. I see. Oh well, i guess i should just be happy that it runs fine. Thanks!

6. thx for the info dude....