Mouse and keyboard not work when install win7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by catdog215, Nov 28, 2020.

1. catdog215

catdog215 MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Hi,
    Just got ASUS Rog Strix B450-F Gaming and trying to do clean installation for Windows 7 Ultimate. At POST mouse and keyboard work but once Windows start (the window logo) both keyboard and mouse light went off. Both not working. I switch to all USB ports and even tried different keyboard and mouse still no luck. Please help.

Everything default in bios. XHCI Hand-off = enabled, Legacy USB Support = Auto

Got iso from here, en_windows_7_ultimate_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_677332

But if I install Win10, both keyboard and mouse works during installation. The reason I would like to install Windows 7 first is to get GenuineTicket.xml for Win10 clean installation.

If I were to install Win10 and use KMS_VL_ALL and later I do clean installation, do I need to use KMS_VL_ALL again (no hardware changed)?

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. NoTears

NoTears MDL Member

Aug 24, 2020
    No need to use the GenuineTicket.xml anymore to get win10 activated, other tools have seen the light since then, now you can activate win10 and get digital license in one click through a tool which is not allowed here but you can find it easily by googling it (it's called MAS, just type massgravel and you'll find it).

Once your win10 activated with digital license, it will be activated automatically in case you decide to reinstall the same win10 edition in the future.

3. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    Did you try taking a win 10 iso and replace the win 10 install.wim with your win 7 install.wim ?

4. CaptainSpeleo

CaptainSpeleo MDL Addicted

May 24, 2020
    catdog215:
    You can disregard my comments.
    I apparently misunderstood what you're wanting to do.

5. catdog215

Oct 21, 2009
    Thank you. Did as you suggested and i test it out by reinstalling a clean win10 and it’s still activated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    >I apparently misunderstood what you're wanting to do.

Nope :) You tried to help .

I have difficultys because often i see someone ask a question and see that what they ask isnt what they need to know = I then have a choice to answer their question ........ and let them learn from it ........ or ...... tell them what they need to know :)

7. catdog215

Oct 21, 2009
    You are a greater helper too. I also thank you for your fast response.

8. CaptainSpeleo

CaptainSpeleo MDL Addicted

May 24, 2020